Sat Radio

debtman

Have a 2005 LS 430 - want to hard wire / install the SAT receiver to the stereo/ML sys. Any experience with this? IS Lexus dealer the only place that can do this properly?

Is it worth it - or is it just as good to get a entire mobile unit from Best Buy or somewhere and mount on dash/windshield???

I have 2005 LS430 Custom Luxury with the Nav/ML system. I installed a unit from Vais Tech that is fully integrated to the head unit. It works great. Let me know if you are not familiar with them and I will get you more info.

Tom

I have 2005 LS430 Custom Luxury with the Nav/ML system. I installed a unit from Vais Tech that is fully integrated to the head unit. It works great. Let me know if you are not familiar with them and I will get you more info.

Tom

where did you have it installed? I do like the Vais Tech equip but want the right installer!

I installed it myself. I too am very picky and most people cannot do work that satifies me.

It's not difficult to install. The worst part is slowly and gently taking out the wood panels on the dash so that you do not scratch anything. Covering them with blue painters tape is a good idea too in case you slip.

Let me know if you need some guidance. I followed a very good write up in this forum which showed how to remove everything.

Tom

I also installed XM myself in my 05 LS. Found it on eBay and it was very simple to do. Works great! No matter who installs it make sure you have the antenna mounted in the base of the third brake light, it looks much nicer than sitting on your trunk lid. Good Luck

I hardwired my XM and then my Sirius receiver into my car. I also added the direct wire kit to get rid of the crappy low power transmitter. My old XM receiver would broadcast throughout my whole house, the Sirius didn't go 3' very well.