Programming Remote For 1997 Sc300

My shop guy lost my remote so I'm planning on ordering this.

1) Does anyone know how to program it and is it easy?

2) Will it affect my other remote which already works?

SC300.jpg

Make sure that the new remote you are trying to program has the same FCC ID number on the back as your good remote. Some remotes look the same, but have a different code and will not work with your car.

You should use ADDITION MODE so that your current codes are kept and the new one is added. Your car can store up to 4 remote codes.

There are timing requirements for these steps. I will list the timing requirement before I list each of the steps you must do within that timeframe. I suggest you read through all the instructions before you start so you know what is coming next.

START

Driver door open, unlocked, no ignition key.

Insert ignition key and remove.

Within 40 seconds, do the following: Using the manual switch lock and unlock the door 5 times in a row (not super fast) then close the driver door and reopen it.

Within 40 seconds, do the following: Using the manual switch lock and unlock the door 5 times again, insert the ignition key and turn to the ON position and then back OFF and remove key.

At this point the car will automatically lock and unlock the doors TWICE to indicate you have entered ADDITION MODE.

Within 20 seconds press the LOCK button on your NEW remote and hold for more than 1 second.

The car will respond by automatically locking and unlocking the car ONCE.

Within 20 seconds, do the following: close the driver door and reopen then press and hold the LOCK button on the NEW remote for more than 1 second.

The car will respond again by locking and unlocking the car.

Now you can close the door or insert the ignition key to exit programming mode.

Now exit your car and test the functions on your new remote.

Tom