Drivers Arm Rest-Leather Or Vinyl?

Hi,

The drivers side front arm rest on my 05' ES330 has developed a black tinted stain from the resting of my elbow and my black leather jacket. I have tried leather cleaner and even a mild household spray with no results and wonder if the arm rest is coverd with plain old vinyl. Steve,I know your a detailer and I hope you might have a suggestion. I have talked to the detail department at my dealer and they said the leather dye transfer stain from my leather jacket to the arm rest will never come out and must be re-dyed.

Thanks anyone for your input.

Paul.

The armrest cover is leather and your dealer is probably right.

Try a product called leatherique though (Google it), if anything will get it out, it will.

I found the web site and am ordering the product kit. If it dosen't work I will go ahead and have it re-dyed. At least it gives me something to do?!

Thanks Steve for your expert and prompt help. Your the man. (Anyone want to buy a nice black leather jacket....?)

Paul

No problem!

Its tough, my 03 has a black interior and I am almost ready to buy a new 2010 and have decided I want tan or grey...I'm worried about that too...

I should have stated that my interior is Cashmere and I do love it; but you pay a price such as in a situation like this. I know from previous post that you have a Black Garnet paint treatment as well. With a black interior, Wow!

Saw your post on your hunt for a 2010 w/nav. I will check around here and see if I can get some numbers for you.

Thanks man! I think I have a deal almost hammered out...now I just have to make sure I really want to do it.

The ES I have is such a great car, its hard to justify replacing it...but its got 150,000 miles and needs tires...