Is This An Active Forum?

Absolutely, this forum is quite active. You may not have received a reply simply because no one has the answer to the question you asked. Or maybe you didn't give enough specific information of your problem for someone to know what answers to give you.

I follow 9 different forums, one for each of the cars, garden tractors, etc. that I own, and this is one of the average ones for responses. That said, there doesn't seem to be many real knowledgeable gear heads here. You might try other Lexus forums, or even Camry forums, since the ES is really a gussied up Camry, with many of its pieces shared across the platforms.

Since I only belong to this forum and one other for my S80, 07' Volvo, I can only speak to the two. This forum is always prompt and friendly to my questions, and the moderators and manager are always helping with their expertise. The fact that it is not all "gear heads" allows less technical people such as myself to feel free to ask the dumb questions.

Thanks for the reply. I have a simple question. What is the width of the inner leather panel in a Lexus ES300 front driver's seat?

A reason you might not be getting help is that you don't give the model year of your car. Cars with the ES300 designation were sold from the 1992 through 2001 model years and there are distinct differences between model years.

It would help if you would put the model year of your car in your profile so it displays when you ask a question ("19?? ES300" instead of only "ES300") or if you would put the model year in a signature.

Thanks for the reply. I have a simple question. What is the width of the inner leather panel in a Lexus ES300 front driver's seat?

A reason you might not be getting help is that you don't give the model year of your car. Cars with the ES300 designation were sold from the 1992 through 2001 model years and there are distinct differences between model years.

It would help if you would put the model year of your car in your profile so it displays when you ask a question ("19?? ES300" instead of only "ES300") or if you would put the model year in a signature.

This is the original post:

Heading:

What Is The Size Of The Es300 Front Seat Bottom

Trying to make a seat cushion, not near the car

Text:

We inherited a 2003 ES300 along with a house and garage. Nice car. Drove it from Tucson to Santa Fe and my butt was killing me. Finally bought a goose down pillow which made it more comfortable but looked a bit silly and tended to fall on the road when I would get out.

Now back home and planning to fly over and use the car in August for three months and lots of freeway driving. I figure the best thing to do is to make a seat cushion using Visco memory foam wrapped in sheepskin (we live on a farm on an island so we have a complete workshop including leather sewing gear). There are no Lexus cars here for me to measure. What I need are the dimensions of the inner panels on the seat bottom. This is the panel with three seams that is between the side bolsters.

Would someone be kind enough to go out to your ES300 and measure it for me? I need width between the bolsters and length from seat back to seat front.

And out of curiousity, has anyone else found the ES300 drivers seat to be uncomfortable, or is it likely this particular one has worn out foam under the leather? The car has about 85,000 miles on it (from memory) and the last six years was driven locally by a grandma over 70 and petite.

Thanks in advance for the measurements. If I can figure out how to upload an image, I'll post the result once I'm done.

The reason you aren't getting any responses I think is because you're asking people to actually physically go do something and report back, as opposed to simply sharing their knowledge with you.

The reason you aren't getting any responses I think is because you're asking people to actually physically go do something and report back, as opposed to simply sharing their knowledge with you.

To try and resolve this issue, I have a 05' ES330. I would be happy to take the measurements you are requesting if you or advanced forum members feel they would be close enough to get you what you need.

Feed back please.

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks for the offer. If you look at http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2003-lexus-es-300-4dr-sdn-photos.htm?photo=last&perspective=interior 03 link it shows the seat bottom. Going to 05 seat it looks like the same seat to me.

So yes, if you can measure the inner seat panel (the part between the bolsters) from left to right, and end to end that would be most appreciated.

Hi Paul, Thanks for the offer. If you look at http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2003-lexus-es-300-4dr-sdn-photos.htm?photo=last&perspective=interior 03 link it shows the seat bottom. Going to 05 seat it looks like the same seat to me.

So yes, if you can measure the inner seat panel (the part between the bolsters) from left to right, and end to end that would be most appreciated.

OK, here it is. The seat bottom is 12" wide inside the bolsters, and 19 1/2" deep. The picture you referenced looks exactly like the seat cushion I measured. I hope this gets you on your way with your project.

For whatever its worth, the seat bottom design on the 04+ ES is different than on the 02-03. The seat bottom is longer and wider, and more squared off at the end.