Air Conditioner Is Throwing Hot Air All Of A Sudden?

Just got into the car and to my surprise, the air conditioner is throwing hot air even thou it is on the low setting.... This is the first time anything like this has happened since I had the car. Anyone else having anything like this?

Just got into the car and to my surprise, the air conditioner is throwing hot air even thou it is on the low setting.... This is the first time anything like this has happened since I had the car. Anyone else having anything like this?

Check the a/c fuse in the fusebox. Pull it out and see if the wire is broke. I would take it to the dealer anyway.

Check the a/c fuse in the fusebox. Pull it out and see if the wire is broke. I would take it to the dealer anyway.

There are 2 possible reasons for this ( besides the AC being defective):

1) The AC remembers the last status before power-off in relation to the key used.If you get in the car with a key that was not used before, then the AC will have no reference and will start at a random state that may be warm air.

2) In a very rainy day (high umidity) you may have the AC ligh blinking and this shows the AC is protecting itself and it didn't start. Just push the AC butthon off and on and it will work again.

Hope this helps...