2007 Gs350 - Car Radio Powers Off

I have a 2007 GS350. Recently, my car radio will power itself off... (Regular System w/6 CD Changer) It seems to happen 2-4 times a week. Has anyone experienced this? I am due for an oil change and will tell dealer but I don't expect much of a response as I cannnot recreate it...

• 3 weeks later...

Is it turning itself off after you cycle the ignition? Maybe the radio plays fine when you turn off the car but turns itself off when you start your car?

Do you have any aftermarket devices hooked up to your radio? If so, I suggest removing it (going from my experience with a faulty equipment I installed).

Hello!!! No it will turn itself off while driving.... I took it to Lexus the other day. They didn't say what was wrong BUT they did order me a replacement radio... I will have that installed on Aug 10th....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 GS350 with the same problem. It seems to happen when the car sits in any kind of heat. If the radio is left on, before the car is turned off, once started, the radio becomes hard to turn off and vice versa. I have taken the car to the dealer twice over the past 14 months but they cannot determine the problem. I spoke with an outside technician and he thinks it could possibly be a computer glitch.

• 11 years later...

I have a 2007 LEXUS GS350 and it just started doing the same thing your mentioning. The radio switches to AM to FM to CD then turns off and on and back and forth when I’m driving . It’s like it really possessed. Can the radio be fixed or by a reset or does it really need to be changed