Valve Spring Recall

I am curious as to why the 3.5L V6 in 07 RX-350 is not subject to the current recall. The recall started with models sold in Japan and now extends to US models, but not RX 350. I believe all RX's are built in Japan and am surprised/skeptical that the V6's used in the RX are built with different valve springs than those used in other models.

I am curious as to why the 3.5L V6 in 07 RX-350 is not subject to the current recall. The recall started with models sold in Japan and now extends to US models, but not RX 350. I believe all RX's are built in Japan and am surprised/skeptical that the V6's used in the RX are built with different valve springs than those used in other models.

Nope...not all are built in Japan...mine was built in Canada.

Nope...not all are built in Japan...mine was built in Canada.

Mine was built in Canada too, and I'm not familiar with this recall. I did have the oil hose TSB done a few months ago, and I know that there are currently no outstanding recalls for my '08 RX 350.

Do you have any additional information on the recall you are referring to?

Mine was built in Canada too, and I'm not familiar with this recall. I did have the oil hose TSB done a few months ago, and I know that there are currently no outstanding recalls for my '08 RX 350.

Do you have any additional information on the recall you are referring to?

Look at the opening page of the Lexus Owners Club site - you'll find a link to the valve spring recall and the vehicles affected. My concern is that that all of them use a derivative of the 3.5L V6 yet the version used in the RX seems not affected. As I'm about to set off on a long, cross country trip I wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to get a nasty surprise when my engine breaks a spring and drops a valve in the middle of no where!

For those who responded that their vehicle was built in Canada, are you certain the engine was also built in Canada/North America? Not sure whether Lexus ships in engines built in Japan.