Lexus Trouble Codes

My 2001 ES 300 has a "P1135 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)" error code. Does anyone know the official Lexus part number for the air/fuel ratio sensor and where I can get one? I was told that this part can only be obtained from a Lexus dealer at a $200+ charge.

Too bad there isn't the participation nor the expertise

here on this thread as there is on the LS400 thread.

Anyway if you go to Rock Auto, A/F sensors are listed under

"Emission", "Oxygen Sensor".

It's just so damn confusing. What's a heater circuit malfunction

vs. just a plain vanilla circuit malfunction?

For 2001 there are no Denso A/F sensors available, but one

Bosch for both front and rear manifolds.

But for a 1998 (my car) there are two Denso A/F sensors listed:

Front Right and Front left.

Why they don't use the same terminology is beyond comprehension.

Front right means the front manifold?

Eli

My 2001 ES 300 has a "P1135 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)" error code. Does anyone know the official Lexus part number for the air/fuel ratio sensor and where I can get one? I was told that this part can only be obtained from a Lexus dealer at a $200+ charge.

Changed mine today as a matter of fact! Bank 1 Sensor 1 near the firewall, under the car on a 2000 ES300. $169.99 Bosch part from Advance Auto, $13.89 socket as well, and just a standard socket set. My code was P1130, but same part. About 1.5 hrs from start to finish. Not bad for a middle-aged woman w/minimal car fixing experience in the 96* heat! I am pretty happy with me. :D

Sensors probably can be had cheaper elsewhere, but I have plans to drive this weekend and couldn't wait. This one was local and in stock and cheaper then Napa's $212.

Best Wishes to you!

Changed mine today as a matter of fact! Bank 1 Sensor 1 near the firewall, under the car on a 2000 ES300. $169.99 Bosch part from Advance Auto, $13.89 socket as well, and just a standard socket set. My code was P1130, but same part. About 1.5 hrs from start to finish. Not bad for a middle-aged woman w/minimal car fixing experience in the 96* heat! I am pretty happy with me. :D

Sensors probably can be had cheaper elsewhere, but I have plans to drive this weekend and couldn't wait. This one was local and in stock and cheaper then Napa's $212.

Best Wishes to you!

Thanks for your help. It's funny that you mention Advanced Auto. I had them run the test and they showed me the code, yet they never mentioned that they had the part.

Do you know the actual Bosch part # and where this part is located? What was the $13.89 socket? I have a metric socket set. Is that sufficient or do I need a special socket?

Thanks for your help. It's funny that you mention Advanced Auto. I had them run the test and they showed me the code, yet they never mentioned that they had the part.

Do you know the actual Bosch part # and where this part is located? What was the $13.89 socket? I have a metric socket set. Is that sufficient or do I need a special socket?

Honestly, just walk in there and tell them what you need and what car you own. You will need the O2 Sensor for upstream. And don't get the universal one that is less money unless you want to pretend you are an electrician under your car and rewire the thing. That didn't sound like fun to me. The socket is an O2 sensor socket. It is the perfect size and has a cut out for the wire to go thru. You will understand when you go to slip it on and unscrew it.

I unclipped the sensor by pressing the top of the clamp that was holding the O2 sensor. You may want to look at the sensor that is near the radiator to just understand the dynamics of what you are dealing with and how to release the clip before you slide under the car. Once I released the clip I unscrewed the sensor. (Oh and I almost cried I was so happy lol)

Also, I did this by jacking up the car on the drivers side and setting it on two jack stands, and also took off my wheel and then slid in from the drivers side. I was thus in a position to be able to find two holes between all that metal to slip one hand in on my left and my whole arm on my right. It helped being small here. Small tools helps too. Space is limited. The sensor is about 1/2 way under the car.

Honestly, just walk in there and tell them what you need and what car you own. You will need the O2 Sensor for upstream. And don't get the universal one that is less money unless you want to pretend you are an electrician under your car and rewire the thing. That didn't sound like fun to me. The socket is an O2 sensor socket. It is the perfect size and has a cut out for the wire to go thru. You will understand when you go to slip it on and unscrew it.

I unclipped the sensor by pressing the top of the clamp that was holding the O2 sensor. You may want to look at the sensor that is near the radiator to just understand the dynamics of what you are dealing with and how to release the clip before you slide under the car. Once I released the clip I unscrewed the sensor. (Oh and I almost cried I was so happy lol)

Also, I did this by jacking up the car on the drivers side and setting it on two jack stands, and also took off my wheel and then slid in from the drivers side. I was thus in a position to be able to find two holes between all that metal to slip one hand in on my left and my whole arm on my right. It helped being small here. Small tools helps too. Space is limited. The sensor is about 1/2 way under the car.

Thanks, Stacey. I'll head down there today. I have car ramps, so maybe that will eliminate me having to remove the tire.

Thanks, Stacey. I'll head down there today. I have car ramps, so maybe that will eliminate me having to remove the tire.

Let us know how it goes. It has been two days for me and my CEL has not come back on. I feel pretty gratified.