What Do You Guys Think Of The Rims?

kuziwk

picked them up for cheap do they suit the car?, eagle alloys,i tried polishing them but they are pretty pitted, they need to be deep polished with a grit. im aware i need to repaint the bumpers and finish my back window tint.

post-115215-127888384404_thumb.jpg

post-115215-127888385549_thumb.jpg

post-115215-127888387586_thumb.jpg

why whats wrong with them? is it the rims themselves or they just dont suit the car?

Again, it's my opinion, but they're too small, the tires are too tall, there's too much wheelwell gap, the design doesn't flow well with the car, and most importantly, they're polished. I think that anything polished or chrome looks like absolute trash. I live in Atlanta where the status of who you are is based on how big and how chrome your wheels are, I've never liked the look before but I really get tired of seeing it on every thug, ball player, rapper, and drug dealer's car in town.

Like everyone said though, it's your car. Caring what anyone else thinks about it is stupid, if you like it, if it makes you happy, nothing else matters. On numerous car forums I see people ask all the time for opinions and when they get them, they get upset and start fights. It's a pointless game because no one else's opinion should ever matter.

I can see RDM's point because of the area of the country he lives in.

This however may not apply to your part of Canada. I don't think your wheels look bad and wouldn't point and laugh if you drove by at all.

Looks fine to me but I live in the North East where the crappy roads ,potholes ,lots of salt in the winter etc dont allow Big Bling wheels to be used all year round. When they do they look like garbage from the elements and then I laugh at them!!!

What's it like up in your area of Canada Kuzwik?

I can see RDM's point because of the area of the country he lives in.

This however may not apply to your part of Canada. I don't think your wheels look bad and wouldn't point and laugh if you drove by at all.

Looks fine to me but I live in the North East where the crappy roads ,potholes ,lots of salt in the winter etc dont allow Big Bling wheels to be used all year round. When they do they look like garbage from the elements and then I laugh at them!!!

What's it like up in your area of Canada Kuzwik?

in Alberta the roads are crap and yea winters are harsh, I didn't want large rims because I wanted to keep some of the ride quality and slow down the car, I changed my mind and got 17's. They are eagle alloys but I'm refinishing them with gritty polish as they don't shine like they are suppose too( my dad has this kit). Plus I wanted to keep it classy instead of large 19 inch gangsta rims. I have a VIP chrome grill coming in the mail aswell, and if your wondering about the blacked out over the amber tailights and front signals it was VHT nightshades, however most people dont apply correctly and it could look trashy.

well this is not much comfort to you, since I am 76.... but the old man likes your wheels, comparing them to the stock wheels...

the 5 spoke are so common now, I like "others" as a rule, like I put on mine... they are stock just mixed up.. late model on the 97 and early model on the 99...

BOTTOM LINE, I LIKE THEM...

YOU SHOULD DO WHAT PLEASES YOU..

post-5365-127902679038_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127902682599_thumb.jpg

Looks good man and if your happy thats all that matters

BillyPowell do you know where I can find a chrome wheel that came on a 1997 LS? My left front is starting to peel.

I found mine on craigslist.org

dont know where you are, but there is one in Providence, he has a car with 5 chrome wheels, he might swap you for his spare, since it would be a spare for him also...

dont cost nothing to ask.. 95-97 are the same

Looks good man and if your happy thats all that matters

BillyPowell do you know where I can find a chrome wheel that came on a 1997 LS? My left front is starting to peel.

I found mine on craigslist.org

dont know where you are, but there is one in Providence, he has a car with 5 chrome wheels, he might swap you for his spare, since it would be a spare for him also...

dont cost nothing to ask.. 95-97 are the same

i would try www.kijiji.com its a big thing in my area, no one uses craigs or the bargain finder anymore. hey do you guy think i should just tint the whole tailights?, i just did over the amber.