Interior Panel Marring And Holes

2008 GS 350. The plastic lower interior panel on both drivers and pass sides, which is between the front seat and rear is marring badly and even has holes in it. This is the panel that the tush may rub on entering the car. It wont clean even with the finest German plastic cleaner and of course the holes are permanent. Lexus does not seem interested in admitting the part is defective and will not handle any abrasion at all. Never happened with other cars or my other cars. Looks terrible. Any ideas here ?

• 2 weeks later...

2008 GS 350. The plastic lower interior panel on both drivers and pass sides, which is between the front seat and rear is marring badly and even has holes in it. This is the panel that the tush may rub on entering the car. It wont clean even with the finest German plastic cleaner and of course the holes are permanent. Lexus does not seem interested in admitting the part is defective and will not handle any abrasion at all. Never happened with other cars or my other cars. Looks terrible. Any ideas here ?

Hi:

I had the same problem on my 2008 GS460. They replaced 3 sets and it would still happen. I noticed in the Parts listing for the panel that here was two numbers. The newer version, after a certain production date, does not have the bump out as the old and this is what you and the seat belt hit ( even if very careful). Ask the dealer to put in the newer part, they did for me. Do not know what reason they used with Lexus. Lexus main Customer Service was no help and rude. They said that they would not redesign a structural member of the car. I said that they are wrong as it is a trim piece with an extremely thin outer layer. Not what should be in a $60K vehicle at all. But that's only my opinion and I am just a customer!!