Coolant Additive

http://www.redlineoil.com

Someone recently mentioned WaterWatter as a coolant additive. Anyone have any experience with this. Sounds like a good product, but I'm a little apprehensive using products like this without knowing everything about it beforehand and possible side effects (corrosion, etc.)

Any input is appreciated...

I don't know what water wetter exactly does, but if the cooling system is cooling the engine too much, the oil won't get hot enough to evaporate the water and fuel mixed into it and sludge will form. That's why cars that don't drive trips longer than 10 miles have to change the oil at 3000 miles whereas a car that drives highway miles can extend the oil change interval.

But if the oil is still hot (i.e. 200F instead of 230 or so), the fuel and water will still evaporate, it will just take longer time.

http://www.redlineoil.com

Someone recently mentioned WaterWatter as a coolant additive. Anyone have any experience with this. Sounds like a good product, but I'm a little apprehensive using products like this without knowing everything about it beforehand and possible side effects (corrosion, etc.)

Any input is appreciated...

Did you read the text on their Website? That should have answered your questions.

I recommended the product because there were so many people complaining about the cheaper aftermarket brand coolants, that only the Toyota Brand Coolant is designed for our Japanese engines. This additive is kind of cheap, but is very effective for those who doubt aftermarket coolants.

Now SK, I hear yea about it not actually doing anything significant to the engines performance. You and I will never actually feel the difference, but in reality it does. Most of us believe when we switch to a new water pump, or a new fuel filter, it works, and we forget about it, but it actually improves the engine's performance. In a study that my race team did recently, we swapped out a Nissan fuel filter with a Mobil 1 filter, and tested it on the dynamometre, and saw a significant increase in the graph.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I dropped some Wetter into my SC last year. It felt good to add something that prolongs the life of my engine--just my opinion.

I use water wetter in the racecars, primarily to hold down corrosion in the aluminium radiators. Glycol coolent is illegal for our racing because the kitty-litter won't dry it up and it's slick as snot when the tires go over it. Water wetter is just a wetting agent and defoamer. It helps the water or coolent to better contact the interior surfaces of the engine more fully so the coolent takes on and rejects the heat better. No mystery. Trapped tiny air bubbles can act as insulation and won't cool the engine. On my daily drivers I use a Ph balancer called "Napa cool" with the coolent. Obviously its available at Napa stores, it was originally made for diesel engines to hold down electrolysis.