The vehicle currenty has Michelin Engery tires which I think are stock for this model. I'm looking to replace these as I don't think they wear very well. I'm considering Bridgestone's Dueler but I had those tires on my old 4-runner and hated them! The lexus, however, is a completely difference vehicle. I'd appreciate any recommendations for alternative tires. PS-I have checked Tire Rack and Tire Review and those sites were minimally helpful. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

same as Messerschmidt above, I recently fitted 4 x yoko parada specX.

Based just on the reviews on Tirerack!

They seem pretty good. Just as quiet as the Michelin MXV4 that were on there before

Interesting since I replaced my stock Goodyears with the Michelin MXV4's a few months ago and have no complaints so far. Very quiet ride and they seem to be wearing well. Plus I got $100 of the st of 4 at Discount Tire.. :)

i bought Michelin Latitude Tour 235/55R18. they are the quietest in their class. Costco had $70 off. They are T (110 miles) rated instead of the recommended V (130 miles) rating. The V rated ones are sportier and noisier and wear out faster.In fact Michelin does not even offer a mileage warranty on the V rated tires.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza are one of the best on the market. Had them for the blizzard last year and got around (due to work) with no problems. Dry,wet,snow performance is best I've had for suvs. I don't see them as noisy in the RX350. BUT maybe you like it dead quiet. I have them on my 10 sequoia plat. These are the only tires for my suvs as long as they keep selling them.

I think the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza are one of the best on the market. Had them for the blizzard last year and got around (due to work) with no problems. Dry,wet,snow performance is best I've had for suvs. I don't see them as noisy in the RX350. BUT maybe you like it dead quiet. I have them on my 10 sequoia plat. These are the only tires for my suvs as long as they keep selling them.

Snow...what's that??:blink:

• 1 month later...

At 37K miles I need to replace the Michelin Energy MXV4 235/55R18 tires on my 2009 RX350. Although these have been good tires I never felt they are as good as the Michelin Cross Terrain SUVs I had on my previous RX300. Therefore, I intended to replace the MXV4s with Michelin Latitude Touring tires as they appear to be the replacement for the truly excellent but no longer available Cross Terrain SUVs.

Although I checked prices and availability with The Tire Rack, I also called a very reputable local shop that often betters or equals The Tire Rack's prices. To my surprise, the local shop stated they would not install Latitude Touring tires on an RX350. They stated Michelin does not recommend using these tires on an RX350 because the factory MXV4 tires have a 'V' rating (149 mph)vs a 'T' rating (118 mph) for the Latitude Touring tires. I called Michelin and they verified this. Michelin and the local shop both said the Latitude Touring tire is not the proper tire for an RX350. They both also stated that it was not necessary to exceed the rated speed (118 mph for a 'T' rating) to misapply the tires. I suspect it really does not matter as I cannot imagine exceeding 90 mph for any extended period but I am not going to take any risks.

Michelin does manufacture an 'HP' version of the Latitude Touring tire that is 'V' rated but it does not come in the required 235/55R18 size.

It turns out the old Cross Terrain SUVs, as good as they were, were also 'T' rated and were also not appropriate for the RX300. I bought them from a large tire chain (Tire Kingdom) that I always perceived as being less than fully trustworthy. This just goes to show it is important to trust ones instinct, use a known reputable business, and not get seduced by exceptionally good prices without fully researching what you are buying.

If I was sure the margins built into the Latitude Touring tires was still significant, I would buy them anyway. However, I never want to be in a position where I regret a decision based on instinct and not hard data, especially where the consequences can be catastrophic. So, I guess I am going to stick with the MXV4's even though I do not think they are as good as a tire as the Latitude Touring with respect to wet surface handling, overall handling, quietness, and wear resistance. Since there are times when I will drive the car at a steady state 85 mph for extended periods, on hot days, I am taking no chances.