Lexus Techinican! Here To Help :)

ISFtech

Hi people from all over! I am a Lexus technician who has finished my apprenticeship and been with only this product since 2005. I know most details on most models. Im working to be a master technician at the moment and I am happy to answer any question.

• Like 1

Hi people from all over! I am a Lexus technician who has finished my apprenticeship and been with only this product since 2005. I know most details on most models. Im working to be a master technician at the moment and I am happy to answer any question.

Hi,

I just bought a '94 ES300, first venture into the Lexus world. Several problems but the one I'm not sure how to approach is the not working remote key switch. Battery checks out strong w/ 3 volts. Possibly related is the not working trunk release switch on the driver's door. Looking through records from prior owner, had ignition switch replaced in '06, and something done on door actuator and lock in '05 (only $65, so doubt replacement). Any suggestions on how to diagnose and/or repair appreciated. (I'm waiting to get my ebay service manual on cd....

Lexis

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The car is a 2000 LS 400. Since buying it 6 years ago (with 67,000 miles on it), have had all oil changes and maintenance work done at a Lexus dealer. Within the last two years have had an oil leak that was $1,800 to repair, oxygen sensor that needed to be replaced ($1,000) and now after engines lights flashing and beeping noises took the car in to be told that the throttle body had to be replaced ($1,800). They did not have that in stock, as it is not something that they typically do. After three business days, was told the car was ready for pick up. When the car was started in the service lane (did not even put it into gear), there was heavy vibration through the brake pedal. Called the service tech to take a look and he agreed that something was not right. Now, was just called and told the engine mounts and transmission mounts are bad ($800). I did not agree to repair the engine mounts yet, because this just doesn't add up. The car was just on a long trip (highway) for about a thousand miles three weeks ago. The car now has 140,000 miles on it. But the trip was just as smooth as always for this long haul loving car. Please let me know what you think. I think they are not fessing up to something.

Great to have a technician available. I just bought a 2006 GS 300 this Friday. For some reason my back up sensors are not working. Do they have to be "turned on?" or could they be bad? Thanks.

What are the torque specs. for the stretcher bolts that hold the brake caliper on a 2005 Lexus LS430 and do I put thread locker on them? Front and rear bolts, upper and lower.

Hi, I have a 90 LS 400 in great shape except for a "droning" sound coming from the back (occurs between 63-66mph in od). I have had all engine, and transmission mounts changed. I've heard the problem is a harmless harmonic probem these driveshafts acquire over time. Supposedly the only fix is a new driveshaft. Any thoughts on this. thanks

Fantastic! I am a tech as well but I am on the diesel end. I bought a 93 LS400 and I am having some alternator issues (appears to be overcharging). I understand that the leaks from the power steering pump are responsible for early failure of alternators but what I want to know is...... 1) Do you know of any outfit who sells rebuild kits for these Nippondenso IR/IF units? I cant find one. 2) What is the deal with the power steering pump. What leaks and what do you guys do to fix it? (mine is leaking on the alternator....not alot but it is). Sweet car with only a few hereditary issues and it seems like I got em all LOL! What do you think?

Thanks

Dave

Fantastic! I am a tech as well but I am on the diesel end. I bought a 93 LS400 and I am having some alternator issues (appears to be overcharging). I understand that the leaks from the power steering pump are responsible for early failure of alternators but what I want to know is...... 1) Do you know of any outfit who sells rebuild kits for these Nippondenso IR/IF units? I cant find one. 2) What is the deal with the power steering pump. What leaks and what do you guys do to fix it? (mine is leaking on the alternator....not alot but it is). Sweet car with only a few hereditary issues and it seems like I got em all LOL! What do you think?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Welcome to the LOC,

As you are new on here Q1) I don't know Q2) The cause is the O ring seal that fits on the PS fluid reservoir costs around $2.00 for the part,if you need instructions try here.

www.lexls.com

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

Hi my Lexus ls 430 the tilt and return steering has stopped working I have checked the fuses all look ok there is no noise at all from steering which makes me think it is the ecu that controls the steering what can you suggest I try and where is the ecu located the car is a 2001 thank you for your help

• 9 months later...