After Market Stereo Issues

Goose7

I had several issues replacing the stereo in my 1996 ls400, when I put the key into the ignition everything works fine. The time, date, and settings are saved. If I start my car after just turning my key to turn on the radio everything is reset. You might think, it's the battery line that goes into the after market stereo, but it's not we have several lines going to the stereo from there. BUT the really weird thing is that if I set everything up the way I want it, shut the car off, then start it up right away everything is saved. If anyone has any advice please help inform me.

For example, I drove to work today with all the settings the way I want them. If I go start my car they will be saved, but if I turn the key and let the radio play then start the car, everything will be lost.

You say you have power on both constant and ignition feeds, but are they correct? Some headunits only use the constant power to store settings, if it's backwards and connected to the ignition feed the radio will work but have no memory.