2007 Is 250 Lack Of Acceleration While Driving

My Lexus IS 250 is back at Lexus for the 3 rd time since the gas/brake pedal recall. My car is a 2007, I never had acceleration issues until after this recall. Now, I have been back to Lexus 3 times, only to have been told.."we can't replicate the problem". I have endured many test rides with the mechanic and nothing happens however, when I leave and depress the accelerator to make a left turn, change lanes or enter the highway..I have no acceleration power. Hence, I have almost experienced multiple accidents. I am fearful for my life and my families. This lack of acceleration happens indiscriminately. So, tomorrow it is back to Lexus for another test ride and I can just hear the Service Rep now...we can't see to replicate the issue. So, I am inquiring has anyone else experienced this and is there any documentation to support the problem I am enduring? This is dangerous!

Thanks,

Cathy

My Lexus IS 250 is back at Lexus for the 3 rd time since the gas/brake pedal recall. My car is a 2007, I never had acceleration issues until after this recall. Now, I have been back to Lexus 3 times, only to have been told.."we can't replicate the problem". I have endured many test rides with the mechanic and nothing happens however, when I leave and depress the accelerator to make a left turn, change lanes or enter the highway..I have no acceleration power. Hence, I have almost experienced multiple accidents. I am fearful for my life and my families. This lack of acceleration happens indiscriminately. So, tomorrow it is back to Lexus for another test ride and I can just hear the Service Rep now...we can't see to replicate the issue. So, I am inquiring has anyone else experienced this and is there any documentation to support the problem I am enduring? This is dangerous!

Thanks,

Cathy

I have a 2007 IS 250 AWD. Last year I had acceleration problems. I took it to the dealership 5 or 6 times as well. They could never recreate the problem. Ultimately they figured it out. If my memory serves me correctly, it had something to do with an engine cylinder problem. My dealership is Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis. My Service Tech's name is Shanan Jackson.

John T.

Thanks,

Cathy

I have had the same problem and the same response from my dealership. It also feels like it looses power when I accelerate from a stop. Then there's the horrible ruff feeling when stopped that feels like it is not firing on all cylinders. Maybe our cars are part of the valve spring recall, they sure have all the symptoms. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update on my IS 250 2007, back at the dealership with a loaner AGAIN

I have been informed, we can't replicate the problem. I am wondering, how often are they test driving my car? This issue has been escalated to a National Level with the head persons of Lexus coming to checkout my vehicle. I haven't even recvd a phonecall advising me of the findings or updates. This is a very critical and dangerous issue at hand.

I have had the same problem and the same response from my dealership. It also feels like it looses power when I accelerate from a stop. Then there's the horrible ruff feeling when stopped that feels like it is not firing on all cylinders. Maybe our cars are part of the valve spring recall, they sure have all the symptoms. Good luck.