Misfiring

I changed crankshaft seal and put it back together. Start fine, one side not firing (left). but right side wiring is firing. I disconnect right side coil, it run the same. reconnect right side coil and disconnect left side coil car will not start. I have changed left camshaft senor. Neep help!

I changed crankshaft seal and put it back together. Start fine, one side not firing (left). but right side wiring is firing. I disconnect right side coil, it run the same. reconnect right side coil and disconnect left side coil car will not start. I have changed left camshaft senor. Neep help!

Hello there Robert. I had to read your post several times. So, you disconnect the R side and it runs the same(rough I assume). Sounds like the L side is working but the R is not. Perhaps the R coil or sensor is bad or disconnected? Do you get any codes? And what year/mileage is your LS?

Hello there Robert. I had to read your post several times. So, you disconnect the R side and it runs the same(rough I assume). Sounds like the L side is working but the R is not. Perhaps the R coil or sensor is bad or disconnected? Do you get any codes? And what year/mileage is your LS?

My car year is 1994 ls400. Like said, if I take wires on the left side(driver side) the wires are not firing, take the right (pass side) they are firing and disconnect right camshaft sensor the car start, but I reconnect the right side camshaft sensor and disconnect the left side camshaft sensor it will not start. Does the sensor control opposite side?

My car year is 1994 ls400. Like said, if I take wires on the left side(driver side) the wires are not firing, take the right (pass side) they are firing and disconnect right camshaft sensor the car start, but I reconnect the right side camshaft sensor and disconnect the left side camshaft sensor it will not start. Does the sensor control opposite side?

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Please explain what you mean by "if I take wires on the left side(driver side) the wires are not firing". Be explicit.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Please explain what you mean by "if I take wires on the left side(driver side) the wires are not firing". Be explicit.

I meant when I take the wires off the distributor cap, the car doesn't change how it runs. This means the left side wiring on the distributor cap is not firing.

OK so now drill down farther and see if a spark is coming off that HV side of coil when you hold HT lead near chassis. If no spark then keep looking upstream. Might be a bad coil or primary of coil isn't getting pulsed by ignition controller.