Es330 Glove Box Tensioner

This is a very minor issue, but on my 05 ES330 the glove box tensioner piston keeps coming off the plastic clip on the frame behind the glove box. I had the dealer fix it once already but when it happened again I took it apart and could not believe that only a plastic clip was used to hold the piston to the frame. Apparently the clip is defective or worn and I was wondering if there was any way to just use a nut and a bolt.

I haven't had time to take it apart again and see, so I thought I'd ask here for any suggestions.

Thanks!!

I had the same problem with my 04 es. Mine is working fine now, but was a pain to get back on. Don't know what to tell you about fixing it. I don't use my glove box. Only thing in it is the manual. I'm going to change the air conditioner filter soon, see what happens. I'll look at mine, see if I have any ideas.

Tim

• 1 year later...

I can't see any thing. Mine is gone. The whole thing. I think my Lexus dealer or my local shop lost it while checking the cabin filter. I can see why with nothing to hold it on. Found the part on line at Lexuspartsnow.com for about $10.00. $22 at the dealer. I don't use my glove box but still would like it fixed. Hope this helps.

Tim

• 4 years later...

Same problem here on my 2003 ES 300. Tim John, what is the name and part number that you found on lexuspartsnow.com? Is there a diagram available that shows the part and how it is attached to the piston? Is it easily installed? Such a small thing but a real PITA.