Sign in to follow this  
IS250Wyoming

Engine Stalls When Hitting Bumps

My 2008 IS250 AWD Lexus has had a problem since I purchased it new with the engine or aceleration stalling momentairly when hitting bumps..... The car does not die, but sort of hesitates for maybe 3 seconds and then takes off. It's almost like it is not getting gas or the engine is disengageed. I have advised the dealership but they could not get it happen durning their testing. It has happened to both my husband and myself on numerous occassions. I expected this to be in the latest recall today 7/6/10, but what I have found so far does not site the IS250 as being a model with the problem. It has happened since it purchase in 2008. Is anyone else out there having this problem?

I have the same thing happen to me a couple of times... dealer said the same thing. Also a similar thing but no stalling happen to me more frequently. Especially when I turn right into a gas station or drive way... my car would have a beeping sound like the seat belt sound and the doors all unlock. Dealer also said they can't duplicate the problem.

Sounds like car with a loose wire, have you checked to see if there are in code in ecm. like no voltage to ecm or injector. that would be a start then you have to find it!