1999 Es300 Battery Issues

So I bought Sexy Lexy my 99 ES300 in 2004 it was a fast romance, quickly becoming a loving bond and we have been together ever since. She has travelled the country with me and runs like a dream, but she's always suffered issues with batteries.

Way back when I got her, it would just be that randomly and rarely my battery would be dead. In the last year it has progressed to the point that I can not drive her without fear that she won't turn on again, I can use her and drive around and then all of a sudden the next morning dead.

The alternator checks out fine, I had a shop to a test for a draw and they said there isn't one, they did replace the terminals to create a better connection, and they also said the battery was fine (08 interstate battery) I may replace the battery because I think with it constantly being drawn down it could be damaged but thats not the issues, because even with a new battery it will draw down again. I think it must be a draw even though the shop said there wasn't one.

Anyone suffering through anything similar, I'd hate to have to pull the plug on her.

• 1 month later...

It may be the starter. My 99 gave me the same symptoms yours did. It was a matter of pulling the starter, and putting in new contacts inside the starter. 30 dollars is about what I spent. The starter was a little tricky getting out but if you have the right tolls, it isn't to bad.