2001 Lx 470 Automatic Door Locks And Daytime Running Lights

gregcza

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and just recently acquired a 2001 LX470. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have the doors lock automatically once inside and driving off? I had a 1999 Grand Cherokee that did that and we have a 2001 Ford Taurus that also does that. Why dosen't the Lexus? Also, is there a way to shut off the daytime running lights? Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Greg

Up through 2002, per the attached document, only one feature could be customized on the LX470 -- the tilt/telescope steerig wheel. Sometime later, the customizable settings for the LX470 were expanded to fourteen - see the attached list for the 2007 LX470.

It's odd that there were so many fewer customizable features on the LX than the LS. There are exactly forty customizable features on my 2000 LS400 and sixty on the 2001 LS430.

It may be possible to disable the DRL on an LX470 by cutting wires as on some other earlier Lexus models where the DRL was not a customizable feature. The safety benefits of DRL are debatable but I've found them handy to light up the way when I enter underground/covered parking lots and tunnels until the headlights automatically turn on. My 2000 LS is about to turn 10 years old, is at 125,000 miles, and is still on its original highbeam bulbs so the DRL doesn't seem to have impacted bulb life.

LX470 1998-2002 CBES_LPS.pdf

2007 LX470_LPS.pdf