Navigation\aftermarket

sayhey

Hey i am just wondering if anyone had any luck installing an aftermarket navigation unit. I looked at a couple different OEM ones. I know i can open up the center cluster, i had to do it when i got Peripheral PXAMG for my iphone. Just a thought was thinking about added navigation to my 07ES

I'm not sure if this can be done, if you want OEM, I wouldn't trust anyone but the dealer to do the work, and they probably wouldn't do it, and if they did the cost would just not be worth it.

Hey i am just wondering if anyone had any luck installing an aftermarket navigation unit. I looked at a couple different OEM ones. I know i can open up the center cluster, i had to do it when i got Peripheral PXAMG for my iphone. Just a thought was thinking about added navigation to my 07ES

Sure, It is possible to add OEM nav. A dealer won't do the work, They will try to sell you a car with nav from the factory. I beleive I have a ES system ready to ship cool.gif

could you please give me more info about the navigation you have? does it work with the the steering wheel controls? will the existing bluetooth still work?

Yes, Steering wheel controls and bluetooth will both work cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, It is possible to add OEM nav. A dealer won't do the work, They will try to sell you a car with nav from the factory. I beleive I have a ES system ready to ship cool.gif

Whats the cost of the system for an 08?

• 1 month later...

DCFISH - I am also interested in adding an OEM nav system to a non-nav '07. I am curious as to the cost, the difficulty of the job and the potential to add the backup camera to the system.

Thanks.

could you please give me more info about the navigation you have? does it work with the the steering wheel controls? will the existing bluetooth still work?

To The Guru, Mr. dcFish!

OK, you really had me going nuts for a while. As I scrolled through this thread I thought I had bugs inside my LCD screen. Then I thought I had glaucoma! The birds are way cool! How did you do that?

"I am not worthy" Paul

DCFISH - I am also interested in adding an OEM nav system to a non-nav '07. I am curious as to the cost, the difficulty of the job and the potential to add the backup camera to the system.

Thanks.

I have one nav system left for a 07 ES. What's your email ?

To The Guru, Mr. dcFish!

OK, you really had me going nuts for a while. As I scrolled through this thread I thought I had bugs inside my LCD screen. Then I thought I had glaucoma! The birds are way cool! How did you do that?

"I am not worthy" Paul

It's just like posting a picture, Except I paste it into my sig cool.gif