Wet Floor

Have an unusual problem. Yesterday I noticed the floor of my 2006 ES330 was wet under the floormat. I asked my wife if she spilled anything in the car and she said no. I have been sopping up water for two days with a chamois cloth. The windows or the roof were not left open and it only appears to be in the center of the carpeting. Anyone have any ideas as to how the water is entering the vehicle????

Have you ever had the windshield replaced? I see you live in Toms River and since I have relatives there, I know it is in the pine barrens. I would check for pine straw. Pine straw clogs drains better than most organics.

Have you ever had the windshield replaced? I see you live in Toms River and since I have relatives there, I know it is in the pine barrens. I would check for pine straw. Pine straw clogs drains better than most organics.

As far as I know the windshield was never replaced and I don't have a lot of pine trees where I live. However I do get millions of 'whirlybirds' from oak trees in the Springtime. I'll take a look under the hood to see if any of the drains are blocked.

Thanks!

The drains for the sunroof run down the A Pillars and C Pillars. The front ones exit out the bottom of the front fenders. If the drain tube has come disconnected from its tube at the front corner of the sunroof (either pulled off, split and fell off, or is plugged), its possible for the water to find its way down the A Pillar and empty onto the floor.

Pulling off the A Pillar garnish (pulls straight out on spring clips) and removing the weatherstrip at the top of the driver's door, as well as the overhead assist strap and sunvisor, should give you enough room to check it out and correct the problem. Keep your hands clean as the headliner marks easily and cleaning attempts will be easily seen. Good Luck!