Heat/ac Not Working!

Ebonixx

My heat/AC is no longer working in my 93 SC300. Could it be a fuse? If so does anyone know which one to replace? I have no manual for the car, so i'm kind of lost in that department. The clock light is also very dim. Nothing else is dim but the clock light. And all the other lights work, just nothing is showing in the temperature panel, and none of the climate control buttons are working. Any help would be appreciated, since the shop doesn't open till monday morning. Thanks

Eb

Check your cigarette lighter. Do you have power there?? If not, there is your problem. The cigarette lighter and the HVAC control system use the same fused circuit. You may have had a coin fall into your cigarette lighter and short out the fuse. That fuse is located in the drivers footwell on the left side just above the carpeting.

If you do have power to your cigarette lighter it sounds like it could be a faulty control panel.

Let me know what you find and if you need more detail about which fuse to look for.

Tom

• 8 months later...
Check your cigarette lighter.  Do you have power there??  If not, there is your problem.  The cigarette lighter and the HVAC control system use the same fused circuit.  You may have had a coin fall into your cigarette lighter and short out the fuse.  That fuse is located in the drivers footwell on the left side just above the carpeting.

If you do have power to your cigarette lighter it sounds like it could be a faulty control panel.

Let me know what you find and if you need more detail about which fuse to look for.

Tom

How can you tell which fuse is the correct one? All of my fuses look good?

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Check your cigarette lighter.  Do you have power there??  If not, there is your problem.  The cigarette lighter and the HVAC control system use the same fused circuit.  You may have had a coin fall into your cigarette lighter and short out the fuse.  That fuse is located in the drivers footwell on the left side just above the carpeting.

Tom

found it and changed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thanks so much.

How much do you think the dealership would've charged me to find and change that fuse?

• 4 weeks later...

Found this post and thought I was in business. Walked out to the car and found a penny in the lighter socket. Ran to the store and bought fuses. Found the fuse in the owners manual but when I pulled it it looked fine. I replaced it anywhat but NO LUCK. Any other ideas?

Please HELP it's getting cold here in WI.

Hhhmmmmm...

Number 10 is normally the culprit.

Do you have an ohmeter/voltmeter?

If so, check to see if you have any voltage in your cigarette lighter.

If you do not, then pull the fuse (#10) and see if there is a direct short in your cigarette lighter assembly.

Once we get this info, we'll go farther.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Tom

Tom

I have the same problem. My cigarette lighter is working. Do you have any other suggestions?

Have you checked to make sure that the connector is tight on the back of the HVAC controls?

Then,I would also check to make sure you are getting power through the connector.

After that, I'm lost.

I'll have to find where the HVAC controls are, then I'll let you know. Thanks for all your help.

5th

• 2 weeks later...
Hhhmmmmm...

Number 10 is normally the culprit.

Do you have an ohmeter/voltmeter?

If so, check to see if you have any voltage in your cigarette lighter.

If you do not, then pull the fuse (#10) and see if there is a direct short in your cigarette lighter assembly.

Once we get this info, we'll go farther.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Tom

:blink: Boy do I feel like an idiot. I took my car to a mechanic friend out of town and we started troubleshooting. Sure enough Tom you were right. Fuse #10 was the culprit. I need to read the diagram better next time. :chairshot: thanks for your help. now I'm off to find out about a power steering pump problem.