Bodywork

Okay folks... The Wife just mashed up the RX after 3 weeks of having the truck (scraped wall in garage while parking). Not happy but I know we got to get it fixed. What is better, taking it to Lexus dealer to get the dent and paint fixed or to a normal bodyshop? I'm a stickler on how the truck looks so I want to get it fixed ASAP...

What a way to spend a long weekend. Now I'll be doing drywall repair in the garage in 110 degree heat in Phoenix...

Okay folks... The Wife just mashed up the RX after 3 weeks of having the truck (scraped wall in garage while parking). Not happy but I know we got to get it fixed. What is better, taking it to Lexus dealer to get the dent and paint fixed or to a normal bodyshop? I'm a stickler on how the truck looks so I want to get it fixed ASAP...

What a way to spend a long weekend. Now I'll be doing drywall repair in the garage in 110 degree heat in Phoenix...

My Lexus dealer in Kendall, FL outsources all bodywork... I believe most do. They add on a % 'commish' to the cost.

Don't take it to Lexus as they don't do the work themselves. They just send it to another autobody shop who gives them the best price.

Go to a few autobody shops in your area and ask to see some of their work. Tell them you want it done RIGHT and let them do it for you. There's no special "Lexus" paint either, shops just mix up your color using the paint code.

How bad is the damage? You may want to consider going through insurance.

Don't take it to Lexus as they don't do the work themselves. They just send it to another autobody shop who gives them the best price.

Go to a few autobody shops in your area and ask to see some of their work. Tell them you want it done RIGHT and let them do it for you. There's no special "Lexus" paint either, shops just mix up your color using the paint code.

How bad is the damage? You may want to consider going through insurance.

Yes, Lexus outsources all of their body work. Shop around..