Nakamichi Sound System

MRF

One day the system stops working. It has a sound coming fromthe speakers like a skipping cd. Is the amp shot or the head unit or both? Any help would be appreciated. Maybe it's time to go aftermarket with the whole system? 1995 SC400

One day the system stops working. It has a sound coming fromthe speakers like a skipping cd. Is the amp shot or the head unit or both? Any help would be appreciated. Maybe it's time to go aftermarket with the whole system? 1995 SC400

It could be blown (rear) speakers, especially if they are still stock. I had this problem and thought is was my amp. I would check/test the rear speakers with a cheap 2inch speaker you can buy at wal-mart. Take the trunk lining down on the passenger side/Cd Unit and locate/disconnect the +/- connections attach the working speaker to the +/- clips and turn on the radio and prey for sound. Here was my DIY

First half to process:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36346&hl=rear+speaker+replacement

Second half:

Speaker7a.jpg

Speaker8.jpg

Speaker8a.jpg

Speaker9.jpg

Speaker9a.jpg

Speaker10.jpg

Speaker11.jpg

Speaker12.jpg

It could be blown (rear) speakers, especially if they are still stock. I had this problem and thought is was my amp. I would check/test the rear speakers with a cheap 2inch speaker you can buy at wal-mart. Take the trunk lining down on the passenger side/Cd Unit and locate/disconnect the +/- connections attach the working speaker to the +/- clips and turn on the radio and prey for sound. Here was my DIY

First half to process:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36346&hl=rear+speaker+replacement

Second half:

Speaker7a.jpg

Speaker8.jpg

Speaker8a.jpg

Speaker9.jpg

Speaker9a.jpg

Speaker10.jpg

Speaker11.jpg

Speaker12.jpg

Thank you for responding! I took out the CD changer and amp and started looking for a replacement amp on e-bay. Not too many for sale that match the model # on the amp. I will put them back into the car and then try your speaker test. Thanks again.