Do You Think You're Better...

rabidus

Lowering my car...

I read the comments made in the link above and I was quite disterbed by it!!! I own a '00 Civic Si, bought it new, and to disrespect a group of people because of the car they drive is pretty ignorant and for a moderator to simply agree with them is sad... I know better than to cut springs and the people on the Civic/Honda forums don't think that way either... When I paid off my Civic, I then took the title and borrowed money on it to buy my '95 Lexus SC300... My '00 Civic Si is still worth more than my '95 Lexus SC300, which was worth more than twice as much as my Civic when it was new... I don't think that I'm better than anyone because of what I have or what kind of car I drive and don't want to be grouped with people that think like that... I guess disrespecting people on this board is alllowed... Lexus is nothing more than a Toyota with luxury options, which my car no longer has, because I pulled all that crap out... The SC300 is on the same platform as the '93-'95 Toyota Supra, the only difference is that it has a longer wheel base by 5 inches, you can keep the name "LEXUS"!!!

Bro, not sure if you are calling someone out here or what. The thread you link to was closed due to an unsafe practice being referred to. Cutting springs is not only the incorrect way to lower a vehicle, it compromises the safety of the driver and those who share the road. We do not condone, nor promote such things. It makes no matter what kind of car the discussion pertains. No one is trying to be condescending to anyone here. We maintain a very civil atmosphere here. I really don't think anyone is trying to belittle anyone else. Just lookin' out. Some of us do it differently than others. The end is the same.

Deal on the last thing. ;)

Lowering my car...

I read the comments made in the link above and I was quite disterbed by it!!! I own a '00 Civic Si, bought it new, and to disrespect a group of people because of the car they drive is pretty ignorant and for a moderator to simply agree with them is sad... I know better than to cut springs and the people on the Civic/Honda forums don't think that way either... When I paid off my Civic, I then took the title and borrowed money on it to buy my '95 Lexus SC300... My '00 Civic Si is still worth more than my '95 Lexus SC300, which was worth more than twice as much as my Civic when it was new... I don't think that I'm better than anyone because of what I have or what kind of car I drive and don't want to be grouped with people that think like that... I guess disrespecting people on this board is alllowed... Lexus is nothing more than a Toyota with luxury options, which my car no longer has, because I pulled all that crap out... The SC300 is on the same platform as the '93-'95 Toyota Supra, the only difference is that it has a longer wheel base by 5 inches, you can keep the name "LEXUS"!!!

take it easy bro... we're looking out for the well being of other forum buddies here. we are not here to disrespect anyone but to help each other out as a team you know... just because we said that lowering a car with cut springs might not be the best way, doesn't mean you have to stand on your tide box and let hell break loose. these forums are designed for car enthusiast, in this case, LeXuS. of course almost all of know that lexus is just the upgraded version of toyota but it really doesn't matter what kind of car you really drive. like i said, we're here to help out each other and give our best responses. maybe you want to cut your springs because you think it's best or what ever, but that's your alternative. no here is stopping you. keep your cool.

Well, I think this is taken completely out of context. Facts are facts, the Lexus is a higher quality, higher prestige automobile than a Civic. I think most people would agree, it is "better". I think that anyone who believes they are "better" than someone else because of their status or belongings is misguided and sad, but hey, everyone thinks their car is better than everyone elses. Fact of the matter is regardless of what is worth what and who makes what, a Lexus is precieved as a better car than a Honda, just as a BMW is precieved as a better car than a Chevrolet, its just the way things are, but the comment you're talking about has nothing to do with any of that...

Now, you have to admit that many (not all, and not you) people that modify Civics can do some of the most high schoolish, ugly, and just plain unsafe modifications you can do, cutting springs is one of these things. I think that was the point the person in question was making.

Don't blow things out of preportion...

cuttign the springs was my idea and i posted to see if there was anyoen out there that can do it or what peopel thought of it. and although there were many post saying that it wasnt a great idea, i didn't take it offensively. actually i was quite glad to be told thats it's a wacko idea. i woudlnt want to stop moderators on this forum to tell me my ideas are stupid if they are, that's their job, right?

Cutting springs is a bad idea and telling people that it is bad is a good thing... But associating something that bad with a whole group of Honda owners is worse than cutting springs... I've been on a Honda forum since 2000 and that same question may have come up once, and they were told that it's a bad idea and it shouldn't be done, simply answering the question was enough, saying:

i thought i would only see this kind of question on a civic board not here
yeah, i would also expect that question on a honda forum as well

is plain wrong!!! That means that you or whoever thinks that they are elite or prestige because of the car you own or the forum that they are on!!! If high schoolers knew the potential of these cars, they would rice them out just the same... I've installed springs, shocks, exausts, and such on 20 or more Civic Si's owned by high schoolers and others and accepted a meal as payment because they couldn't afford to get springs installed... Instead of making dumb comments, I helped anyone that needed things installed... If you came and hung out with the club and needed something installed, anyone there that could help you out, did!!! I'm not trying to start trouble or call anyone out but that was just plain wrong and disrespectful!!!

you want to hear the stupidist part about this whole thread

I OWN A CIVIC

:lol:

i do all sorts of performance mods except rice

so it is like the kettle calling the pot black ( as my mother used to say )

i don;t think i am better it just seems more of a statment that belongs to a more entry level vehicle and a mind set of getting a look while losing major handling and control issues

so you can just simmer down

because i am a mod don;t mean i know !Removed! about !Removed! , i have always said that

i spend about as much time here as i do no the honda boards local and north american

i am glad you didn;t take offense as i meant none , it is always a good thing to have an open mind and ask questions as that way you can learn easily.

lexus owners....... honda owners....

they are both great cars in a different price bracket and a niche each there own

i didn't make any statment that wouldn't have been reacted the same on a honda board

but after i mentioned i own and love my civic that kind of shut this up

incase you were wondering

89 si wings west kit painted nissan skyline r34 gtr blue/purple

volk te 37 bronze rims with dunlop graspic 17 inch snows

gsr brake

mugen zc ecu

strut bars ,cai, intake ,plug wires

header 2/14 cat back angle muffler

momo champion wheel SK2 shifter race nuts

and my pride a zc dohc integra engine with a zc 5 spd tranny in it

suspension is still stock as i havent made my mind up on what i will do more with it track /street

with good ol'e recaros

does this change your mind

relax .........life is short

So we all agree that no offense was intended by anyone. I think that if Civic owners have more of a propensity to do things like cut springs it's simply because it's a younger demographic and they have less experience re: what and what not to do, you can't blame them for that, guys like BlackSC4 are clever enough to post and check first. The only goal here is to stop anyone from cutting coil springs, which is unsafe and produces unpredictable results. rabidus you may have gotten a little heavy with the drama but we all get you.

P.S. - I do think i'm better, but not because of my Lexi.... :rolleyes:

i am in the currently unempolyed tax bracket

but i also have a true custom performance /modification buisness

meaning if you can dream it ( and pay for it)

i will find a way to build it

can't we all just get along... just kidding, glad everything is squashed between lexus and honda

you cant say that an sc is better than a civic, nor vice versa. no single person sets the standard and it all depends on what the driver wants. now honestly, would you rather have a stock sc300 or a stock civic type r on very twisty track. you can also factor in a whole load of other crap such as what the owner has done to the car, cause i have seen quite a few civics that are worth a whole hell of a lot more than any sc i have ever seen. if you want a lexus, get a lexus; if you want a honda, get a honda. simple as that.

It's all good!!! My Civic has a few mods, Comptech Icebox/intake, Comptech header, Comptech catback exaust, Neuspeed softsport springs, Tokico HP shocks, Comptech 22mm rear sway/tie bar combo and '95 Civic front seats with Katzskins leather... The car is extremely fun to drive...

My SC300 has Corbeau seats and Tein Flex Coilovers and 16x8 RX7 wheels with 245/50/16 all around... The only reason why my SC300 is more fun to drive than my Civic is because it RWD... :D My Civic ran 15.2@90 in the 1/4 mile and the SC300 ran 15.4@90 in the 1/4 mile... The torque of the SC300 will kick in and take the Civic out after the 1/4... My SC300 still has stock intake/header/exaust, so once I change those out, the SC300 should be faster... Right now the SC handles better but the Neuspeed/Tokico's are not the best springs/shock setup, it's a good one though...