Is It Good To Enroll Prepaid Maintenance Program?

Porce

Hi

I just bought an IS 250c and my dealer financial service offered me a Lexus Luxury Care Prepaid Maintenance Program (premium) at $1925 for 5 years or 50K miles.

They said I pay the lump sum upfront as pretax, and they will take care of regular maintenance.

Is this a good deal?

Thx in advance

--------

For coverage, though I am not entirely sure, I believe it is

Service intervals occur every 5,000 miles,

At Every Visit

Expert, factory-trained technicians will:

Replace your engine oil and oil filter

* Rotate your tires (if applicable)

* Conduct a visual inspection of brake pads and rotors

* Road-test your Lexus

* Use Genuine Lexus Parts

Specific Service Intervals

Including the services above, additional services are covered at 15,000, 30,000, 45,000, 60,000, 75,000 and 90,000 mile intervals provided they occur during your coverage term.

15,000, 30,000, 45,000, 60,000, 75,000 and 90,000 miles

Services listed in the Scheduled Maintenance Log of your vehicle’s Lexus Warranty and Services Guide, which may include:

* Replace air conditioner filter

* Replace brake fluid

* Replace engine air filter

Inspections may include the following:

* Axle shaft boots

* Ball joints and dust covers

* Body

* Brake lines and hoses

* Exhaust pipes and mountings

* Fuel lines and connections, fuel tank band and fuel tank vapor vent system hoses

* Fuel tank cap gasket

* Rack and pinion assembly

* Steering linkage and boots

Here is the deal, offer them $500 for it and maybe negotiate out to $1000 at most. It depends on you financial situation so it's your call. I will tell you this, Lexus dealers are big time pocket suckers so if you need service, find a Toyota dealer in your area that doesn't own a Lexus dealership and they will gladly service you at a much more reasonable price.

Having a program as you presented makes sense if expensive repairs would put a burden on you. If you are in the position to suck it up, don't buy it. When I bought my Nissan truck, I bought the program for $400 and they wanted $1750. Sounds like I made a hell of a deal but I never used it so who got what?