2003 Ls430 Key Battery

PilotguyPA28

Is the battery just an unscrew and replace at Radio Shack? I see a small screw on one side of the key. Does that let you pop open the two sides to replace the battery?

Thanks in advance.

I just replaced a battery. Very easy to do. There is one screw to get the outer case apart, then an inner battery compartment held with 2 more screws. Remove the inner compartment and replace the old battery (+ facing up).

• 1 month later...

I changed my battery as described, but not when I press the unlock button it only unlocks the passenger doors and the rear drivers side door. The only way to unlock the drivers door is to use the actual key.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Reprogram something?

Thanks!

I changed my battery as described, but not when I press the unlock button it only unlocks the passenger doors and the rear drivers side door. The only way to unlock the drivers door is to use the actual key.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Reprogram something?

Thanks!

I would not think a battery replacement would affect the sequence of unlocking. Do you have a spare key fob remote that you can try? If that remote unlocks all doors then maybe something is wrong with the other fob (although I doubt it). And your car is an '03?