Ac Charging Issues

Ok, so my 95es300 on a 98° day with 70%+ humidity i an avg of high 50° air temp at vent. But at night time i can get very low 40s.

I got a recharge kit and it from the chart it said i need to be from 50-55 so i charge it to around 53. When i did this it seemed like it made it worse.

Went to check it again tonight when temp was in the mid-high 70's and i noticed something weird. When the cooling fan is not on high i see around 36psi but when it kicks on high pressure goes to around 45 as soon as fan drops back to low, the pressure drops to 36. So my question is which reading do i need to go off of? During the whole time the compression is running and not disengaged.

1 more thing, looking over the factory service manual on this site i looked at the glass window and saw no bubbles and when i turned the ac off there was very few bubbles that formed. According to this it should look like foam then return clear.

If no bubbles form when the compressor shuts off that could mean the system is overcharged with refrigerant. Maybe you should let some gas out of the system. Normal center dash vent temps when the system is set for maximum cooling are 37-42 degrees regardless of the outside temperature.

If no bubbles form when the compressor shuts off that could mean the system is overcharged with refrigerant. Maybe you should let some gas out of the system. Normal center dash vent temps when the system is set for maximum cooling are 37-42 degrees regardless of the outside temperature.

Well there are some bubbles but only takes up like a 1/4 of the window and rather large bubbles at that. I stuck at which reading to use due to the if cooling fan is running pressure reads high and if not pressure is where it needs to be.

• 4 weeks later...