How To Invoke Rear Camera On Demand

timzter

1. I start the car.
  2. I engage the gear on reverse but my foot is still on the brake. The car has not moved yet.
  3. I decide it's too hot, so I hit the Climate button and select my A/C fan level.
  4. I am ready to take my foot off the brake to reverse the car, but the rear view camera's image is no longer on screen.

How do I bring the rear view camera's image up on the screen on demand? (Other than putting the gear back to Neutral and then back to Reverse.)

I am ready to take my foot off the brake to reverse the car, but the rear view camera's image is no longer on screen.

Do you mean the climate menu doesn't go away? Or that the climate screen goes away to something else other than camera (say, nav screen)?

If you hit the MAP VOICE button after you've selected your climate position, does it go back to camera or just the nav screen? It should go back to rear camera if you're still in R.

1. I start the car.
  2. I engage the gear on reverse but my foot is still on the brake. The car has not moved yet.
  3. I decide it's too hot, so I hit the Climate button and select my A/C fan level.
  4. I am ready to take my foot off the brake to reverse the car, but the rear view camera's image is no longer on screen.

How do I bring the rear view camera's image up on the screen on demand? (Other than putting the gear back to Neutral and then back to Reverse.)

I have had the same annoying experience. You either have to put it back in neutral and then in reverse, or else remember to hit the Climate button before you put it in reverse.

1. I start the car.

I have had the same annoying experience. You either have to put it back in neutral and then in reverse, or else remember to hit the Climate button before you put it in reverse.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess there is no solution for this at this time. I feel that Lexus should modify the software to do this:

1. If Reverse is engaged, show rear view image on screen.
  2. If car is already moving (gas pedal depressed), disable all inputs to the NAV unit for safety purposes.
  3. If Reverse is engaged, but car is NOT moving (gas pedal NOT depressed), allow all inputs of the NAV to be operational.
  4. If you press Climate when Reverse is engaged but car is NOT moving, show the Climate screen.
  5. The moment your car starts moving when Reverse is engaged (gas pedal depressed), display the rear view image on the screen regardless of what screen it was displaying before.