Wipers

I've read the post that indicates that there are both a summer and winter position

for the wiper arms... but I could use a much more detailed description on how exactly to change

the wiper arms from one postion to the other... I tried to pull up on them and move them into another positon

but that had no effect... I was a bit too cautious to push on them too hard... thanks

If the blades are in the summer position(almost hidden by the hood), then you have to give a firm tug on the arm into the upward position. Don't grab the blade itself, but position your hands on the area where the blade is afixed to the arm. You will hear a click when the repositioning is correct. To once again position the blades to the summer position, just push down on the arm.

• 3 weeks later...

In the winter position the wipers are higher so as to be easy to find if covered with snow. The summer position protects them from the sun. Mike

Winter position?? Yes, the blades can park in two positions but calling the upper one "winter" is personal opinion and technique, not something Lexus advertises. The upper lock position allows you to pull the wipers up and away from the glass while you're washing the car (or changing the blades) without the low part of the arm contacting the rear edge of the hood and rubbing/scratching the paint.

It's an interesting thought to use that feature in winter, but I kept mine down through 2 winters here in Dayton OH with no problems.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

In the winter position the wipers are higher so as to be easy to find if covered with snow. The summer position protects them from the sun. Mike

Winter position?? Yes, the blades can park in two positions but calling the upper one "winter" is personal opinion and technique, not something Lexus advertises. The upper lock position allows you to pull the wipers up and away from the glass while you're washing the car (or changing the blades) without the low part of the arm contacting the rear edge of the hood and rubbing/scratching the paint.

It's an interesting thought to use that feature in winter, but I kept mine down through 2 winters here in Dayton OH with no problems.

Obviously, the previous owner of my '10 350 kept them in the down position because I will have to get some touch up paint to fix the marks from the wipers on the hood edge. I will be moving mine to the up position. Nice to know. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Obviously, the previous owner of my '10 350 kept them in the down position because I will have to get some touch up paint to fix the marks from the wipers on the hood edge. I will be moving mine to the up position. Nice to know. Thanks.

How do you adjust them ? Recently my wipers stopped parking all the way down. I'm wondering if this is the problem.

Thanks,

Ted

There are some good, easy to follow instructions in the Owners Manual. Seems scary the 1st time you do it, but it works,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the online manual but found nothing. I'll check my hard copy.

Ted