2001 Es300 Blow Fuse Problem

Hello everyone,

New to this forum and hope someone can give me help on this.

I've a 2001 Lexus ES300 with 102,000 miles on it. I recently took the car to the dealer and have the timing belt, water pump, and drive belt changed. Everything was fine until the next day I noticed the door courtesy light, wireless remote, power door lock, clock, and trunk lid button not working. I looked at the owner's manual and found that the #10 fuse was blown. So I replaced the fuse and everything was back to normal. A day later the very same fuse blew again. I replaced a second time and guess what - it blew the next day. So I'm convinced there is short in the electrical system and took the car back to the dealer. The dealer replaced the fuse and looked at the electrical system. They couldn't find anything wrong with electrical. I took the car back and everything seemed to be fine. Took the car to work the next day and drove for an hour I noticed the clock is out but everything is still working. I got home after work and found the remainings stop working. Check the #10 fuse and sure enough is blown. Getting really frustrated and really need some help on this.

The ES300 is extremely comfortable and nice to drive around. I never thought this fuse is giving me such headache.

Hello everyone,

New to this forum and hope someone can give me help on this.

I've a 2001 Lexus ES300 with 102,000 miles on it. I recently took the car to the dealer and have the timing belt, water pump, and drive belt changed. Everything was fine until the next day I noticed the door courtesy light, wireless remote, power door lock, clock, and trunk lid button not working. I looked at the owner's manual and found that the #10 fuse was blown. So I replaced the fuse and everything was back to normal. A day later the very same fuse blew again. I replaced a second time and guess what - it blew the next day. So I'm convinced there is short in the electrical system and took the car back to the dealer. The dealer replaced the fuse and looked at the electrical system. They couldn't find anything wrong with electrical. I took the car back and everything seemed to be fine. Took the car to work the next day and drove for an hour I noticed the clock is out but everything is still working. I got home after work and found the remainings stop working. Check the #10 fuse and sure enough is blown. Getting really frustrated and really need some help on this.

The ES300 is extremely comfortable and nice to drive around. I never thought this fuse is giving me such headache.

I had my timing belt replaced include water pump, themostat and fan belts $550.00 at Hi Tech Auto repair shop San Diego Ca. I know the dealer charge more and since they were the last one to work on it, they should diagnose the problem closely, free of charge. Replacing the Fuse several times indicate a serious problem.

Unfortunately, just because the dealer worked on the car the day before the electrical problem started,

doesn't mean they are responsible for the problem and should fix it. Stuff happens, and it may well

be coincidence that your gremlins just had to happen the next day. They may well have happened whether you

took the car to the dealership or not.

Besides, having a timing belt, water pump and accessory belt service has nothing to do with the electrical

systems of the car, particularly the ones you're having problems with.

Somewhere in the circuits that you have lost, one of those items has gone bad and is drawing too much current,

or you have a dead short in one of their related wires. Good Luck!

• 4 years later...