Mark Levinson Sound System

Greetings,

On my ML sound system, I keep playing with the Surround Option. On some things it seems to improve, while others, it doesn't.

I am just wondering what most other people do, set it and forget it? or change it. I did find that if I set it for a particular station or mode, it will keep the setting.

Just curious,

Hank

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

On my ML sound system, I keep playing with the Surround Option. On some things it seems to improve, while others, it doesn't.

I am just wondering what most other people do, set it and forget it? or change it. I did find that if I set it for a particular station or mode, it will keep the setting.

Just curious,

Hank

Hello,

anyone?

• 8 months later...

Greetings,

Just curious,

Hank

Hello,

anyone?

guess not?

Greetings,

Just curious,

Hank

Hello,

anyone?

guess not?

I'll take a shot at this for you. My experience with surround sound, is that no two people will have any thing close to a similar opinion. It is entirely up to your ear. If you like the effect of the expansion of the room it gives then go for it. And, as you say, that effect will either enhance or diminish your listening experience based solely on the type, style and passage of music your listening to. Personally, I feel it gives most of my music an artificial quality.

Paul

I have the ML in my GX and I just leave it on... I haven't played with the surround option that much.

To be honest the past few days have been riding my "SE DEUCE" and there is nothing like the silence of those pipes. No radio, no cell phone, no car seats! :cheers: And I can run the ______ out of it and it still gets over 40 mpg...

• 1 month later...

I think it does come down to listening preference combined with how the material was produced and recorded. I have some CD?DVD's that I consider reference quality and others that sound like it was done a Fisher Price recorder. Play with it and you will find yourself using for some recording and not for others. One os my reference pieces is Pink Floyd Pulses DVD. It really utilizes the surround sound making the listening experience that much more enjoyable.