Headlight Condensation

mhawkin1

I took my car in for the 30k mile service (or part of it, I changed the filters, etc., myself); when the dealer returned the car the driver’s side headlight had condensation in the light cavity. In the interest of full disclosure, it has been 90+ degrees and raining around Indiana, for days.

I called the dealer today and they said, that the light housing is airtight and condensation inside is “normal” (which is confusing to me if it is airtight) and I should just keep my eye on it, but it will result in no damage and it is “no big deal.” I do not have the xenon headlamps, just the standard lights.

LOC has been a good sounding board when I am about to make a mountain out of a molehill. So, let me know if I should proceed with the mountain making.

Thanks in advance.

It is certainly not normal. I would request that the lamp be replaced under warranty.

Did they wash it? One of mine has condensation if it gets hit with a pressure sprayer. I wash at home so it almost never happens but if I run it through a touchless wash or something you'll see it. As infrequently as that happens I do have some staining inside the housing which annoys me. Its so old I wouldn't spend the small fortune it would cost to replace the lamps...but I would definately make them replace that since its still under warranty.