Would Like Feedback On Sc430 From Owners

gpz

hi ! i would like some feedback from SC owners. Possibly the SC is the only way for me to go based on my needs i.e. luxury, comfort and reliability. I have some trouble with the outside style and performance but i think i can overcome that. I saw a dark red one today that looked very sharp. I will have to test drive again but i would like to know how actual owners feel about a few things :

1. the outside body style

2. the "jiggle" in the ride over bumps which really surprized me.

3. the overall driving performance compared to the german competition ?

thanks,

Glenn

hi ! i would like some feedback from SC owners. Possibly the SC is the only way for me to go based on my needs i.e. luxury, comfort and reliability. I have some trouble with the outside style and performance but i think i can overcome that. I saw a dark red one today that looked very sharp. I will have to test drive again but i would like to know how actual owners feel about a few things :

thanks,

Glenn

1. Most of us love the style. For me it started the first time I saw it. I dont know why anyone would buy a car that they did not like the way it looked.

2. Ditch the run flat tires and the jiggle will disappear.

3.Keep in mind the SC is more luxury than sport. Most german cars handle in more of a sports mode than luxury. On the other hand no german car can hold a candle to the reliability of the SC.

With my first test drive, I was driving the SC within a week-though not the same one. Fortunately I ended up with the color combo I wanted (white gold/ecru) and for the right price. No complaints whatsoever-finest car I ever owned.

thanks,

Glenn

In my experience with my 2002 SC430, people either love the body style or hate it. I have never seen anyone in the middle on this topic.

As others have stated, the ride quality GREATLY improves once the run-flat tires are ditched. I recently had the original tires replaced with regular tires and it was if I had a different car.

Driving performance is ok, the SC430 handles well in normal driving but don't expect it to be a pocket rocket. The SC430 is incredibly reliable,

other than an O2 sensor and normal wear items my SC430 has always started up and run silky smooth. The power is good and delivers decent acceleration but again don't expect to blow a mustang away..

Personally I love my SC and have been pleased with it since I bought it in 2006

thanks,

Glenn

In my experience with my 2002 SC430, people either love the body style or hate it. I have never seen anyone in the middle on this topic.

As others have stated, the ride quality GREATLY improves once the run-flat tires are ditched. I recently had the original tires replaced with regular tires and it was if I had a different car.

Driving performance is ok, the SC430 handles well in normal driving but don't expect it to be a pocket rocket. The SC430 is incredibly reliable,

other than an O2 sensor and normal wear items my SC430 has always started up and run silky smooth. The power is good and delivers decent acceleration but again don't expect to blow a mustang away..

Personally I love my SC and have been pleased with it since I bought it in 2006

I am a designer by profession, and debated on the exterior, but was sold on the absolutely unmatched interior. I replaced the runflats as needed, and the ride is comfortable. Everything works. In short, the SC430 is a car primarily built for successful gentlemen who seek a refined car without the mid-life crisis personna of a Porsche or the pretense of a Bentley. The 430 gets noticed for the desired reasons. Exceptional car. I also have an SL, and love it too, but prefer the 430 for general driving.

thanks,

Glenn

I've owned mine since November and I love it, love it, love it. The racing suspensions does take a little to get used to, but makes for a fun driving experience. My first car was a "70 T-bird with a 429. The Lexus has her beat. I love the lines of the car and she gets attention wherever I go. She created quite a sensation at a car show and she wasn't even entered, just sitting in the parking area. I drove three BMW's before buying and was nonplussed to say the least. The Lexus made them seem like wanna be amatuers, with way to much play in the steering. She hugs the road and corners like she's on rails.

thanks,

Glenn

\\\Hi,

This is my second Lexus SC430 and decide recommend springs TTE OR H&R (-30mm). The small cost of keeping the car better handling.