Help! Waterspots/sap/something Won't Come Off Even After Wet

ok first i clayed bared my car then after that didn't work we wet sanded the spots with 2000 grit and then buffed them with 2 different compounds and the spots were gone right? wrong.... in about an 1 hr or 2 or so the stupid spots came back as if we did nothing to them at all.... this is driving me nuts... the spots look like a water spot dull in the center of a little circle... there is no raise or dip in the paint that u can feel it's glassy smooth... i really just don't know what to do here... here are sum pictures of what i'm talking about:

post-51082-127699451592_thumb.jpg

post-51082-127699453075_thumb.jpg

post-51082-127699454522_thumb.jpg

post-51082-127699456072_thumb.jpg

post-51082-127699457517_thumb.jpg

post-51082-12769945897_thumb.jpg

post-51082-127699460447_thumb.jpg

i'm up for any suggestions here... i work so hard on keeping my car clean and perfect and crap like this happens that i have no control over and drives me absolutely mad!!!! thanks

matt

When I lived in the Central Valley of California where it gets very hot, my wife's car had a similiar problem. I tried everything to get them out and couldn't. I went to an auto body/detail shop and they tried and could not get them out either. Their so called conclusion was that the spot/stain had dropped through the paint, and therefore, it would not come out. I lived with it for another 18 months until we traded the car. I know this does not solve your problem, but thought it might give some insight into your situation.

I don't know about permanant, but it's not going to be easy. Those actually don't look as bad as I've seen on other cars. I think you need a trusted detail pro who knows how to use a real buffer with more cutting action and can hit it harder. If it's gone completely thru the clear coat, then you may need to have someone reclear the paint after those are removed.

Water spots are REALLY hard to get rid of. If they did not come out with wetsanding...I'm not sure what to tell you. It must be a chemical stain that has etched through so much of the clear that you aren't getting down deep enough to remove them. The polish you are using must have some oils in it, the reason they look gone and then come back is because the fillers evaporate out of the etching in the heat of the sun.

I think you should take it to a professional. If you keep attacking them with abrasive polishers and even worse, sandpaper eventually you're going to burn through the clear and then you'll REALLY have a problem.

May be one of those things you just need to live with...

What wax/sealant are you using? I've found carnuaba waxes protect against water spots better than sealants.

Could these spots be from bird droppings? I know if you leave droppings on the paint long enough it will etch just like what you've got pictured there.

My suggestion would be to lightly wetsand with 2000 grit and airbrush some clear over the spots and feather the edges a few inches or so. Then let dry completely and wetsand and polish. Should be a permanent fix.

Water spots are REALLY hard to get rid of. If they did not come out with wetsanding...I'm not sure what to tell you. It must be a chemical stain that has etched through so much of the clear that you aren't getting down deep enough to remove them. The polish you are using must have some oils in it, the reason they look gone and then come back is because the fillers evaporate out of the etching in the heat of the sun.

I think you should take it to a professional. If you keep attacking them with abrasive polishers and even worse, sandpaper eventually you're going to burn through the clear and then you'll REALLY have a problem.

May be one of those things you just need to live with...

What wax/sealant are you using? I've found carnuaba waxes protect against water spots better than sealants.

ive used different kinds from meguiars to 3m to mothers... i can't remember i used last... but the fenders and bumper had been repainted not too long ago and they told me to wait like a year or something like that before i waxed or anything on those areas... so i was waiting to rewax until that time was up... i don't know if that had something to do with it or not.. but the texas heat here has been retarded and i'm sure hasn't helped.... i have a guy supposed to take a look at it this weekend so we'll see....

Could these spots be from bird droppings? I know if you leave droppings on the paint long enough it will etch just like what you've got pictured there.

My suggestion would be to lightly wetsand with 2000 grit and airbrush some clear over the spots and feather the edges a few inches or so. Then let dry completely and wetsand and polish. Should be a permanent fix.

definitely not bird droppings... it's water spots for sure... unless the bird has a machine gun !Removed! hole lol

Are these spots only on the areas of the car that were re-painted? If so, i would bring the car back to the autobody shop. From the pictures i can see there's a lot of orange peel :huh:

Are these spots only on the areas of the car that were re-painted? If so, i would bring the car back to the autobody shop. From the pictures i can see there's a lot of orange peel :huh:

no they aren't the areas that were repainted unless they blended into it i don't know on that...

I've seen birds with machine gun !Removed! holes.....LOL!! Yep, they exsist. I think one lives above my aunts car.

must be a florida thing lol.... i waxed today after work so the sun wouldn't hurt the areas that id taken the wax off of... i think i'm just gonna have to deal with this :/ but here is a picture of a shiny door! it's makes me a little bit happy :D

post-51082-127725247988_thumb.jpg

You can always hide, cover and compensate. I've found turbo systems hides tree sap stains very well.

You can always hide, cover and compensate. I've found turbo systems hides tree sap stains very well.

u might be on to something... and i did just buy a house... house warming present? smooth u shouldn't have lol