How To Change Struts

hey guys i have a soarer or SC300 model and trying to replace the worn out kyb struts/springs since the car bounces like a fat chick right now.

I have read the manual and managed to get all the bolts and what not off but the problem is that when I unbolted the front strut/spring assembly, it didn't drop down like it should and because of the drop link (that holds the control arm up) is in the way. In the manual is doesn't mention anything about removing this to get the shocks out? any help here?

• 2 months later...

hey guys i have a soarer or SC300 model and trying to replace the worn out kyb struts/springs since the car bounces like a fat chick right now.

I have read the manual and managed to get all the bolts and what not off but the problem is that when I unbolted the front strut/spring assembly, it didn't drop down like it should and because of the drop link (that holds the control arm up) is in the way. In the manual is doesn't mention anything about removing this to get the shocks out? any help here?

Did you use a spring compressor and remove the strut mount off the arm? That is all I needed when I did mine a few weeks ago.

• 1 month later...

Did you use a spring compressor and remove the strut mount off the arm? That is all I needed when I did mine a few weeks ago.

To add on to what OGY said as you compress the spring jack the car up 2-4 notches every half inch of compression through out the process this will help the strut drop out also try tapping the top part where the 3 rods poke out they could just be 'caked in' from sitting in that position for so long. Which is common if you dont change struts in a timely manner.But dont tap that thing to hard brother fat chicks bruise easily despite popular belief.....Giggidy.