2000 Es 3000

windy

I have a 2000 ES 300. I am having a few different problems right now with it. One is that it will not shift into overdrive. The other thing is that it sometimes will not crank. If I don't crank it for a day or two, the first time I try to crank it does nothing. All of the lights, radio, etc. work properly, it will just not crank. I don't know if this has something to do with the shifting into overdrive, but it seems when it doesn't crank properly, it will not shift. I have checked the battery, battery cables, and replaced several other parts. Does anybody have any advice.

I have a 2000 ES 300. I am having a few different problems right now with it. One is that it will not shift into overdrive. The other thing is that it sometimes will not crank. If I don't crank it for a day or two, the first time I try to crank it does nothing. All of the lights, radio, etc. work properly, it will just not crank. I don't know if this has something to do with the shifting into overdrive, but it seems when it doesn't crank properly, it will not shift. I have checked the battery, battery cables, and replaced several other parts. Does anybody have any advice.

Some clarification; When you say it won't crank, do you mean the engine will not turn over at all, or the engine will trun over but not start. When you say the lights and radio work are you saying that the battery is fully charged? Even if the lights are on and the radio works the battery can still be low enough to not have enough juice to turn over the engine. On the overdrive matter, not at all qualified for this , but don't see how your cranking problem could possibly be connected.

Some clarification; When you say it won't crank, do you mean the engine will not turn over at all, or the engine will trun over but not start. When you say the lights and radio work are you saying that the battery is fully charged? Even if the lights are on and the radio works the battery can still be low enough to not have enough juice to turn over the engine. On the overdrive matter, not at all qualified for this , but don't see how your cranking problem could possibly be connected.

If your starting your engine but will not stay on Idle then thottle body and IACV needs cleaning.

post-26724-127682824582_thumb.jpg

post-26724-127682829734_thumb.jpg

not shifting into over drive? are you getting any check engine lights? sounds like your tranny might be having some issues I would say go to a tranny expert to have it looked at. On my 95 my car wouldn't go into OD anymore come to find out my 4th gear was all messed up that's why. Hopefully that's not the case with you. But yes get it looked at.