97 Ls400 Engine Light And Odd Back Fire Sound

Hybrid-JD

okie.. hmm for some odd reason this morning when i turned on my car. there seemed to be this ODD back fire sound coming from my exhaust.. and it was only coming from my right side muffler.. like theres was this CHUGGING sound....

then. when i started to drive.. when i stepped on the gas.. it didnt seem like it wasnted to move.. then i let go of the gas and gas.. and it was fine.. then i stoppped and started again.. and AGAIN.. the lag was there when i stppped on the gas..

i stopped the car and parked.. and now my engine lights on. and my traction control light is flashing as well..

what the hell is wrong ? i'm scared to even drive the car......

please HELP!

Jimmy

if those lights are on it means that there are error codes. if you will get them out you will know what is wrong. go to autozone and ask them for the scanner. they do this for free. when you get those codes you post them here and i will tell you what is wrong and what to do to fix it

I thought it was a clot in your exhaust, but you may need a new fuel filter, but don't quote me on it. Check the error code first, and see what it says. You may have two different problems.

no maf and coil:) gen II LS doesnt have electronic ignition:) we have only 2 coils total:) but you cant be sure without error codes for these cars. too much stuff in them.

• 2 weeks later...
no maf and coil:) gen II LS doesnt have electronic ignition:) we have only 2 coils total:) but you cant be sure without error codes for these cars. too much stuff in them.

update. all of a sudden the next day when i started the car.... everything was fine!! no more back fire.. all the lights are gone........ and everythign seems to be fine!!!

the only thing that i remeber the night before that could of caused this was that i was filling my coolant and some of the coolant must of spilled out and splashed around the area.. i am totally lost.. i'm bringing my car for an oil change and service on Saturday.. so i guess i'll ask the mechanic.

another thing also that i've encountred is that.. my right side mirror does not turn greeen or dim when theres headlights behind me.. but my driver side and my center mirror still works.. could it be a burnt fuse?

thanks

Jimmmy

I don't think that would cause a misfire. My 94 doesn't have the dimming on the side mirror option, but if you know that it used to then, that's something else. The green colour is an anti-reflective material coating used to protect the mirror. Similar to new glasses.

Hey jimmy it took you this long to finally come on overhere. I guess the avalon is well gone by now.

Deucecom.net

RE: skperformance

hah nope. the avalon is still living .. and going on STRONG.. my dads' driving that now and i'm driving the LS400......... well anyhow. the problems gone now! soooo i'lll just wait around to seee if it comes about again.. if not then i'll just take it as a GLITCH! =)

oh well.............. and the mirror thingy is not a big deal.. just watned to see if anyone else had the same problem!!

Jimmy