Remote Replacement For 1997 Sc300

Shop guy lost my key and said he'll pay for it. I do have extra keys but I really need the remote for the door and trunk. Do I ask the dealer or are there less expensive option?

Shop guy lost my key and said he'll pay for it. I do have extra keys but I really need the remote for the door and trunk. Do I ask the dealer or are there less expensive option?

I got a replacement remote for $100.00, about two years ago. It's the key remote with the buttons on the key. It took about 15 minutes and It works fine to this day. I will see if I can find the name of the shop and post it. By the way the shop is in South San Francisco, Ca

I have an ultra alarm setup in my 92 sc400 but im having electrical problems at the moment with the defogger and windows. For Example the windows dont wanna roll up or down but you can hear the master switch making noises like it wants to works, you may be thinking what does that have to do with the alarm but for power to get to the power windows it goes through the theft deterrent ecu. The wireless antenna for the theft deterrent ecu is the same wire as the rear defogger, so when I have the rear defogger on the master switch dosent work period (the noise it makes when it tries to work) so if you do get a alternate remote alarm and not the factory which is built into the key be careful how you wire it. The only thing that really works is the lock and unlock and the ignition kill if the doors are open with out the disarm signal. The ultra alarm was already setup in it when I bought the car and im hoping i can fix that bull$h%t.But yea just giving that heads up if you do an alternate method