Rattles, Rattles Ugh

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% positive, but i believe the cargo cover itself (the thing that can be rolled out to cover items in the tailgate area) was re-designed in i believe 2008 due to so many complaints. I could be wrong, but it's what i've heard...

• 5 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. I found it to be the rear-passenger seat-back release/adjustment cable. There is a latch next to the headrest for each rear passanger seat. This latch is used to fold down the seat back, or to adjust the angle of the seat back for each passanger.

The release/adjustment is done with a cable that runs down and under the seat to the outside rail of the seat. If you look under the seat you will see a black shrouded cable coming from the center-side of the seat to the outisde rail. This shrouded cable rattles inside the plastic molding of the seat.

I found that if you pull the shrouded cable back to the rear of the seat and secure it with a cable tie to the large wire at the rear of the seat, it will put enough traction on the cable inside the plastic molding to eliminate the rattle. There are several wires making up the support of the rear seats. You want to use the cable tie on the larger wire going left-to-right at the rear of the seat bottom.

My RX350 has never been so quiet since I put a cable tie on these two realease cables.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2007 Rx350 has same rattle noise. My noise came from gas tank seal and Lexus fixed it FREE under warranty. If you car is under warranty, you can take it back to Lexus.

As first I thought it was cargo cover latch or rack cross bar.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 RX350. There are annoying rattles coming from the rear cargo area.

I've tried to secure what I think they are coming from but no luck. No, it's not

the license plate frame.

Help?

I had my 2008 RX 350 for a month now & I am experiencing the same noise, however I totally think that the moon roof is causing this noise especially when i am on the hwy driving.I tried opening the roof a bit while driving & the noise goes away.I am going to bring it out to Lexus dealer on my next service.

Try locking the tonneau cover latches in the forward position, they tend to rub against the standoffs on the rear door. I had an annoying rattle in the rear and it was all from that. There's a TSB to fix it under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check with your dealer, I have a 2008 rx 350 and had a bad rattle above 55mph, they completed a service bulletin repair today which replaced the lower gas tank shield and this solved the problem..good luck.

• 1 month later...