Emission Test Probles!

pledge

hi guys im new to the forum, just bought a 2001 is 300, the previous owner installed a full aftermarket apxi exaust headers back. he did not have any cats on the car. so right now im having problems passing e-test (ontario, canada) i had a highflow 3 way cat installed on the car and it still failed the test. i don't want to buy a full stock exhaust if i don't need to, has anybody had this problem at all? what can i do to pass the smog test ? anybody know anyone that will make my car pass "e-test" lol. car runs great and has an o2 simulator installed as well has an aem short ram intake. any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks.

The problem is that a stock exhaust system has operating 02 sensors, a catalyst in the header, AND a catalytic converter behind the downpipe. A single highflow cat isn't gonna cut it. To pass emmissions your pretty much going to have to put the stock exhaust system back on, and replace the 02 sensors as I would imagine you have 02 sims in there now.