Wind Noise Coming In When Over 50 Mph?

RCYH

I went to the dealership yesterday and test-drove an rx350, the overall feeling was very good! The only thing I notice was when I drove it over around 50-55mph, there seems some wind/air (noise) coming into the car. I tried to turned off all fans, and the noise became more noticeable. I would say if I turn the radio loud enough, that sound can be covered. The sales was blaming on the hood deflector but I really doubt it since the noise was not coming from the front.

Does anyone experience that?

Can't say so. I've been impressed by how quiet the car is versus the previous generation. Hood deflector??? Huh??

There will certainly be noise coming from the roof rack. Can't be avoided. Got one? Noise is more pronounced if the interior sunroof shield is open.

• 2 months later...

I went to the dealership yesterday and test-drove an rx350, the overall feeling was very good! The only thing I notice was when I drove it over around 50-55mph, there seems some wind/air (noise) coming into the car. I tried to turned off all fans, and the noise became more noticeable. I would say if I turn the radio loud enough, that sound can be covered. The sales was blaming on the hood deflector but I really doubt it since the noise was not coming from the front.

Does anyone experience that?

I definitely had noise coming in through the windows. the dealership mechanic adjusted the windows and window seals and now, about a month or so later, one of the windows is making a noise like is out of track...especially when going down and brings up a gooey paste :-( definitely going back in!