06 Es330 Won't Start

Left Wifey's car outside yesterday, and must have stirred up some bad charma. I then put it in the garage last night, and this morning her car won't start. Lots of battery, spins over with no problem. I'm thinking either fuel or fire. Is this a common problem on these, I searched the forum before posting a new ? but couldn't find any other posts of this nature. Any or all help will be appreciated. D.

Thanks for the reply SWO3 but as noted in my post the battery is fine. New in Jan of this year, and has lots of crank in it. Just disconnected it, will wait for awhile and try it again. This has worked in the past for me on my Chevy stuff, but didn't think that I had to do this on Lexus. I guess they all burn fuel, use up tires and brakes, and they all need service @ some time.

Problem fixed. Apparently efi fuel relay wasn't happy. Disconnecting the battery didn't solve the problem. When re-connected, still wouldn't fire. While reviewing the fuse schematic and checking efi fuse (was ok) I interchanged the efi, and horn relays. If you are doing this make sure they are the same part # as mine were. After the swap, I hit the key and it fired right up. The weird part is that the horn still works with the efi relay. Gotta love electrical stuff like this. I've been an electrician for 30 years, and I'm still learning. Hope this can be of some help for others on here, if you ever experience the same problem. Could make a big difference of getting home or not some day, and who knows if required you could always use your finger, instead of your horn Haha. D.

• 13 years later...

I want to thank you for posting your fix.     I used it today it worked.   

My battery was drained and then I recharged it.  Afterwards the engine would crank and try to catch but seemed like it wasn't getting fuel for fire.   I had spark but no fuel.  I was convinced something in the security system had immobilized my car.   I had a strong battery, good starter and alternator.  I had no problem with my car before the battery was drained.

I found this post from 2010 and tried it in 2024.  From the fuse box under the hood near battery I removed the fuse box cover.   I swapped out the  Horn Relay (R16) with the Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) relay (R17).    The relays were the same size, shape and original Denso brand.     When I I hit the key it fired right up.    Thank You Lexus Owners Club!

Lexus-ES-300-and-ES-330-XV30-2001-2006-fuse-diagram-Relay Swap.jpg

• Like 1