Power Antenna Stopped Working

Larry W

The power antenna on my 94 LS 400 stopped retracting. Motor is cycling when starting or ignition is switched off. I did find an internet dealer on the west coast that specialized in the repair kit. I misplaced the information. Does anyone have this contact? Thanks in advance.

The mast is broken, That is the part you need to buy.cheers.gif

There was a company selling the replacement parts out of California. I found them on the internet and misplaced the info. They carried a complete line of replacement antenna parts including the plastic feed cable controling the mast. Kit came with the exact instructions for replacing the cable and they even had an 800 number for additional technical service. I will have to research again and advise. Complete parts kit was under $20 and it only works if your existing motor is still functioning (obviously).

Luckily (for me) mine has never had a problem. In the past I had a Cadillac that had the antenna stop going up and down and I found that they usually have a plastic cable inside which does the lifting. The motor is much more expensive if that goes but I was able to find one in a junkyard.

There was a company selling the replacement parts out of California. I found them on the internet and misplaced the info. They carried a complete line of replacement antenna parts including the plastic feed cable controling the mast. Kit came with the exact instructions for replacing the cable and they even had an 800 number for additional technical service. I will have to research again and advise. Complete parts kit was under $20 and it only works if your existing motor is still functioning (obviously).

Any dealer will stock it, and it's likely the same part as Toyotas of the same year range too, so maybe a Camry or 4Runner mast will swap over, I know Nissan uses one mast for their entire range.

To replace it, it's literally 60 seconds of work unless the cable has actually broken inside the motor, which is not typical. There's plenty of online info on doing it yourself.

Any dealer will stock it, and it's likely the same part as Toyotas of the same year range too, so maybe a Camry or 4Runner mast will swap over, I know Nissan uses one mast for their entire range.

To replace it, it's literally 60 seconds of work unless the cable has actually broken inside the motor, which is not typical. There's plenty of online info on doing it yourself.

Thank you for the replies.