New 07 Rx 350 Owner

Hey everyone, I'm a proud owner of a 2007 RX 350... The wife is actually the one driving it, I'm still pushin the 1997 (yes 1997) 4Runner I bought right after I graduated college.

I have a question for the forum. What is the best leather cleaner/conditioner to use? The dealer I bought it from said that he had it detailed but from the condition of the leather I think he only ran it through a $20 car wash.

Also, has anyone ever had problems with getting service at their Lexus dealers? Or are they just like all factory dealers where they find ways to make you come back by sabotaging your car. I got burned by my Toyota service shop a few years ago and vowed to never go back. I'm hoping Lexus would be different.

Hey everyone, I'm a proud owner of a 2007 RX 350... The wife is actually the one driving it, I'm still pushin the 1997 (yes 1997) 4Runner I bought right after I graduated college.

I have a question for the forum. What is the best leather cleaner/conditioner to use? The dealer I bought it from said that he had it detailed but from the condition of the leather I think he only ran it through a $20 car wash.

Also, has anyone ever had problems with getting service at their Lexus dealers? Or are they just like all factory dealers where they find ways to make you come back by sabotaging your car. I got burned by my Toyota service shop a few years ago and vowed to never go back. I'm hoping Lexus would be different.

Welcome

I too have a 2007 RX350 and traded in my 1997 4Runner when I bought it.

I would recommend the Leather Master Cleaner, Conditioner and Protectant. I have used all 3 and they are safe to

use and won't leave a shiney or oily looking finish.

My link

The dealership here in the Clearwater, Florida area has been top notch. I took it in to have the driver and passenger

windows tinted and when I asked them to check out the latches on my roof rack cross members, they said they had some

problems getting them to release and replaced them free of charge. I have been very happy with the car and the dealership.

Hands down the best and safest leather cleaner and conditioner are from Leatherique. Start with the "leather rejuvenator" then finish with the "prestine clean".

Hey thanks for the advice. One more question.... Just took a closer look at the driver's seat and I'm seeing some 'yellowing' of the leather on the sides. I mentioned it to the dealer and he said it could be due to lotions or other stuff that reacted with the leather. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it or am I stuck? It's not that bad, just annoying now that I know about it. I like my cars (especially my wife's RX) to look as good as possible.

What color is your leather? I know the gray and tan are very sensitive and i've seen quite a few RX seats with blue stains most likely from jeans and what not. From what i've read, these stains do not come out.

Try using the cleaner and conditioner on those areas with a cotton rag, and see if the stains come out. If they don't, your best bet is to have those areas re-finished. Your lexus dealer will have a company they call for things like this. They basically just re-dye those areas to blend in.

What color is your leather? I know the gray and tan are very sensitive and i've seen quite a few RX seats with blue stains most likely from jeans and what not. From what i've read, these stains do not come out.

Try using the cleaner and conditioner on those areas with a cotton rag, and see if the stains come out. If they don't, your best bet is to have those areas re-finished. Your lexus dealer will have a company they call for things like this. They basically just re-dye those areas to blend in.

The leather is the light gray. The dealer told me that blue jean stains won't come out. He also told me of the guy that they use for the leather repairs and he would airbrush color back for us. It's not that bad yet so if it gets really bad we'll go that route.

Thanks for the advice everyone.