Potential Buyer Questions

We are looking to purchase a 2010 RX350 and have a couple of questions. First is the "mouse" control for the nav system. Is this really as easy to operate as they say. Seems like it would be difficult to enter an address to find. Wondering what your experiences have been.

Second is in the documentation brochure. There is a footnote that says the tire life on 18 and 19 inch performance tires may be substantially less than 15,000 miles depending on driving conditions. How can this be?? In today's world tires go 50,000 miles easily. I got 65,000 on my last set.

I'd also appreciate any other feedback you'd like to give a potential buyer.

I just picked up a 2010 RX and i would have to say the navi controls are the easiest i have ever used. I am able to enter in address a lot faster than a touch-screen. I would find my fingers slipping to the wrong letter all the time on the touch-screen. The tactical feedback also helps.

Not to sure about the tires, the car is new so i wouldn't know.

Good luck on your decision, It took me months to decide. Now that i got it i absolutely love it.

I love the mouse controller. It's very easy to use and operates everything for the screen. They had to do something different with the screen moved so far foward and covered. This helps with sun wash and keeps your eyes close to the road area while checking the screen.

I have over 10k miles on my RX350 now and the tread depth still looks new! I guess if you are one to take corners at high speed it could wear the edges quickley.

Been very pleased with the car and love it. I do plan on trading this fall for the hybrid for I've owned hybrids and miss the technology.

PS

Sell you mine in a few months/lol

Bob

The 18, 19 inch tires and higher are usually a low profile tire and they are made from a softer rubber to grip the road surface and wear faster. But your driving habits dictate your mileage more than anything. My wife used to have a SC 400 with the low profile tires and at times she barely made 10,000, because she was an aggressive driver.

My tire micrometer indicates we've gone through 2/32nds in 8900 miles (most tires have 11/32nds when new and should be replaced when down to 2/32nds). If my wife, who is not an agressive driver, continues her current driving habits we should be able to squeeze 40 to 45k out of these tires (assuming rotations and correct inflation).

Our 2010 is now 2 months old. The joy stick is extremely easy to operate. Regarding the tires, ours came with Michelin. I don't know what type of mileage we'll achieve but I do know that the OEM tires are not the top of the line Michelin's I'll put on when the need arises.