Electrical Problems

I've problems with my 01 300gs. It was sitting for 2 weeks, when I started it, seatbelt light was on, even I was buckled-up, then temp. gage went down, then dash board (speedometr, tachometer) started on and off, airbag light on, finnaly, when I get back home, alarm turned on. Does anybody know, what is going on with it?!?!?!

Try disconnecting the neg battery terminal for a few minutes , Then reconnect. Post results please cheers.gif

Didn't work, started oil light on/off, battery light on/off. It scares me. Power lock doesn't work, opens rear left door only, and trunk, power windows do not work from driver door. Please help!!! Thank you!!!

It seems some electrical parts don't get their minimum threshold voltage. You need to rule out the usual culprit; check battery current (12+V) without cabling, clean battery poles, check for corroded (ground) wiring or harness, switching relay's etc. (dcfish was a bit faster) :cheers:

A long shot: if you have an (aftermarket) alarm installed, you need to check the small emergency-battery (and/or disconnect alarm if possible). Emergency battery's have a limited lifespan. They can drain or short-circuit your car's battery and/or electrical circuit, causing all kinds of mysterious electrical-, startup- and alarmproblems.

It seems some electrical parts don't get their minimum threshold voltage. You need to rule out the usual culprit; check battery current (12+V) without cabling, clean battery poles, check for corroded (ground) wiring or harness, switching relay's etc. (dcfish was a bit faster) :cheers:

A long shot: if you have an (aftermarket) alarm installed, you need to check the small emergency-battery (and/or disconnect alarm if possible). Emergency battery's have a limited lifespan. They can drain or short-circuit your car's battery and/or electrical circuit, causing all kinds of mysterious electrical-, startup- and alarmproblems.

No, I have manufactured alarm... :cries:

Most alarms carry a seperate backup-battery. Mine was installed by lexus and after 10 years it was EOL, draining the car-battery completely and creating all kinds of electrical- and starting problems. After ruining 2 fresh batteries, it came to mind :cries: .

In case the other options lead to no solution, you can easily check if something is draining your battery.

With the car running, Measure the voltage coming out of the alternator. Should be between 14 and 15 (the exact voltage escapes me )

Don't forget to enable electrical devices too, like AC/wipers/lights/radio/heated windows etc. You may have to revv a little around 1200 RPM.