Rx300 Left Side-View Mirror

BigMoodyCurve

My driver side-view mirror is loose or wobbles - I don't know if the side-view mirror comes in two parts, but for this discussion I will describe the side-view as though it has two parts. The bottom part is secure, it is the top part of the mirror (the part that can be moved manually) is loose. Can the mirror be tighen, can the specific section be tighten?

My driver side-view mirror is loose or wobbles - I don't know if the side-view mirror comes in two parts, but for this discussion I will describe the side-view as though it has two parts. The bottom part is secure, it is the top part of the mirror (the part that can be moved manually) is loose. Can the mirror be tighen, can the specific section be tighten?

The two parts will separate but you can't buy individual components from Lexus (just the entire mirror assembly). You can take the mirror off and take it apart to see if anything is loose but that's unlikely - something is either worn or broken. Best be is to get the whole mirror at a junkyard.

The two parts will separate but you can't buy individual components from Lexus (just the entire mirror assembly). You can take the mirror off and take it apart to see if anything is loose but that's unlikely - something is either worn or broken. Best be is to get the whole mirror at a junkyard.

I found this on Club Lexus:

I just changed some o-rings on my hose reel, and the old ones (I think the wall thickness is 5/32) were just sitting on the shelf in my garage, when it occurred to me that I might solve my problem with them. So I snipped one, then I rotated the driver side outside mirror fully in (toward the door handle). This lifts up the mirror housing on the shaft (sorta like a screw, I guess), creating a bit of a gap. I stretched the open o-ring between my fingers and slipped it into the gap. Then I rotated the mirror back to the normal position. There is a little bit hanging out on each side that will need to be trimmed. Viola! Shake gone.