Tranny Oil

kuziwk

so i picked up a filter and gasket for the tranny, i hate the dealership so i picked up some tranny oil its called mobile atf fluid, specially formualted for toyota, lexus, including most imports. Is this fine to use?

They must have some kind of package label that indicates if it is okay to use in Toyota transmissions. If in doubt they probably also have a phone number listed somewhere on the package. Call them up and ask them why it is okay.

If you have a Droid or iphone you can even do it while you are stuck in traffic.

For my car, I just bought a case at the Toyota dealer and do a 4 time flush using the drain plug. IF you remove the pan, pay very careful attention to the tighening sequence and torque specifications because if you don't (and sometimes if you do), it will leak.

Good luck

Denny

make sure its toyota type 4 atf, i put in dexron 3 and my car ran so rough, i had to go to the dealer and got 9 litres which costed $80 and ran all of it through, now it runs fine, when it was stopped in drive you could feel bumps and vibrating, not good

also, when i said my cars a 91 and it takes type 4 the guy at toyota-of all places-was very confused because apparently they only started using type 4 on most vehicles in 2000, more proof that the LS is very ahead of its time